Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

We have a debit card and than they just have places here on the sides of some roads that you can pull money out of. We actually get a lot of money, I am not sure how much, but our President thinks that we get more than we need. I normally don’t have to worry about money, we definitely get enough... so definitely do not worry!

We just got news today that we should be moving out this Friday or Saturday. Supposedly it is a really good house! We are really excited, but we are not getting too excited yet because a lot of times something gets in the way and we have to wait longer to get into the house, but hopeful we will be able to start sleeping in it by Saturday, but we will see.
(I just saw the video of bec! and I watched it like 5 times and showed my companion another 3 times!!!!! That was pretty sweet!! Thanks for sending it.)

Something really good did happen in 1820 (and it didn't have to do with a big advertisement for liquor that says, "Since 1820, from the good and the best").  That is why we are here in Angola.  Because of the Restoration of the Gospel, we have the truth to bring to our brothers and sisters throughout the world. 
(My companion and I) have been getting along pretty well! He is been a very good trainer... but that is why it has been difficult for me because I have realized that I have a lot of pride and he takes his role as trainer very seriously, so sometimes he comes across as "I am the trainer" so that has been very hard for me to get over, but the Lord has definitely been helping me, but he is a great missionary who loves to work hard and get things done! so that is really good, he just does things differently than I would do them, so I have been learning to be a follower. I remember dad gave me a blessing … before I left that said I will need to learn to be a follower so that I can be a better leader, and I think this is exactly what this blessing is talking about.

Mission Blog: Musical number was provided by Luanda 2 district: Elders Rainbolt, Tilley, Arrington McAllister.  
Also I had a Presidents interview this week and President asked what I have learned, so one of the things I said was my testimony and conversion is deepening, the other things I said was that I am learning to be a follower. He then told me that we need to be followers so that we can learn from others and then we can be better leaders. … It was a confidence booster for me that I really needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment