Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012


(My companions) are doing a lot better, we have had a lot of talks together with them and we have had some really good experiences. I am learning and growing so much it is crazy! So I still have the same companion.

So I put the SD card into the camera and I saw most of the pictures, but it said there was a reading error so I could not see all of them, also I could not see any videos on it either. Any way so I put it into my companions camera and the same thing happened. I then Put it into Elder Awbery’s camera…it pretty much froze his camera, made the screen go black, but then wouldn’t turn off. So it pretty much broke his camera. … Anyways to finish the story with Elder Awbery’s camera I felt so bad!!! I told him sorry and said if I needed to I would pay to get it fixed or whatever I needed to, but that night I prayed so hard that the Lord would fix his camera. I told the Lord that I know he could very easily and I asked the Lord with a lot of faith if you would fix it. I woke up in the morning and when I was saying my morning prayers I prayed again that his camera would be fixed. A thought came into my head that said “go look at his camera” I went to look at his camera, but could not find it. I went to the bathroom and came back and Elder Awbery said hey Elder Tilley look at my camera it works again! I was so happy and I was so grateful that the Lord answered my Prayers. It was a simple thing, but it meant a lot to me!!! I love the letter from Jailey so much!!!

First crazy thing! So last week the lady from a big Brazillian newspaper came here to the MTC to interview some of the missionaries here. She is not a member and there was about 9 of us in the room and she just asked us about the MTC and if we felt we are prepared to leave our families and things like that. It was really cool. I told her that I love my family a lot and because of the gospel I know I can live with my family forever and I want to share that gift and knowledge with others and that is why I choose to serve a mission.

Second crazy thing!-Elder Cardon (brother Cardon’s dad came and spoke to us) It was really good!!

3rd Crazy thing!!-I am flying to NEW YORK tomorrow night!!! I am going there with 2 other missionaries to meet with the consulate of Angola and get fingered printed and get my visa. I am pretty excited. My flight leaves tomorrow night at 11:55 PM and we get back Wednesday night around 8 or 9 I think. It should be a lot of fun and I am pretty excited!




4th crazy thing!! I went and saw a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave here at the MTC on Christmas called the Character of Christ. I have heard this talk was really good, and before starting the talk they announced it as one of the greatest talks ever given here at the MTC. I watched it and I would say this is one of the greatest talks I have ever heard in my life. He talked about so much and my mind was blown afterward, but if I can figure out how to really apply what was said and what the Spirit told me, it will not only affect my mission, but it will dramatically change the way I live the rest of my life. I will try and give little bits and pieces, but you probably wont be able to get the same affect as I did. He talked about Testimonies and conversion and how if we only have a testimony then in 5 or 10 years from now we will be in danger of falling away. We have to not only have a testimony, but we have to be converted to the Lord by consistently living what we know. He also said that the way we do this is by turning outward when we are in our deepest struggles. After Jesus Christ was fasted for 40 days and tempted by Satan, what did He do? He sent Angels to go minister to John because he was in Prison. After He was in the Garden of Gethsemane what did he do? He healed the guards ear! When He was on the cross He told John to take care of His mother and he forgave those that were doing this to him and was doing missionary work to the others on the cross. He said that to be converted we have to turn outward during our greatest agony! Wow how crazy is that! He also said that the way we find ourselves is by turning outward and helping others. I will have to tell you another story to go along with this later today, but his talk has been really turning in my mind. Love you !!! Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment