Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012

Mom… I have been trying to figure out how to send pictures, but I can’t figure it out. The MTC has some pretty heavy restrictions on the computer, so I have been trying to figure it out, but haven’t been able to.  … Are you going to do a blog or are you going email all those people?  Just wondering.

So this week as been pretty intense on our Tuesday devotional Elder Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke to us! He was so bold and up in our faces! A lot of people afterward said that it was so inspirational to them, but to me afterwards to tell you the truth I kind of felt like crap! Like I needed to have a stronger testimony and I needed to be a 10 times better missionary that I was. I definitely felt chastened, but it was good for me. One part that I really like though was that he said never go back to how you were before you mission. Then he said I do not care how good you were before your mission never go back to it! It was an awesome talk!

Then yesterday for our fireside Alex Boye came and spoke to us! He did a little bit of music but he is an amazing speaker! He was really funny and told us about his conversion story and it was incredible! It really got me pumped to be a missionary! So it was a pretty intense week with seeing pretty famous people! I was able to go do sealings in the temple today, I had never done them before and it was a really cool experience and I felt grandma Tilley was there with me! So it was way awesome! I just acting as a child and as a witness, and it was really good. Were you able to figure out anything with my visa? It is something that is just always on the back of my mind because there are a lot of missionaries here in general that haven’t got their visas and stuff! Love you a tons mom! Should be able to get on this afternoon again! Oh and next week on Sunday daylight savings starts so the time I email will change by an hour just so you know. I don’t know if you have sent the package yet but if you haven’t could you throw in Braden’s mission filter bottle. That is if he doesn’t need/want it! Thanks! Love you a tons!! Elder Tilley
  
Rebecca-The MTC is pretty good. It is kind of weird because it feels like the Days go by really long but the weeks go by really fast. It is kind of weird but I am learning a ton! Well it is not like I have a certain amount of class, but I will tell you a typical day. First we wake up and go to Breakfast at 7:10. Then we go to our classroom at 7:40 and are in the classroom for 3hours. During that time we teach our investigator and have a Portuguese Lesson for about an hour and then some other kind of training. Then we have personal Study time at 10:40 to 11:40, which is in our classroom. Then we go to lunch at 11:40. At 12:25 we go back to our classroom for another 3 hours and do the same thing we did before, but with our other teacher. At 3:25 we have personal Language study in our classroom for am hour. Then we go to dinner at 4:40 then we have gym time at 5:25. At 6:25 we go to a classroom with a bunch of computers and do an online course that helps us with Portuguese. We do that for an hour. Then we go back to our classroom at 7:45 to 9:00 and do Personal study time again. At 9 we do planning and at 9:30 we go back to our residence to get ready for bed. So I do not know how many classes I have, but I am pretty much in the classroom all day unless I am eating or at the gym! The food here is pretty much like cafeteria food. It took me a while to get use to it so it is not so bad anymore, but yes definitely cafeteria food! I have never tried the eggs or orange before because I have heard they do not do good things to the body! If you know what I mean My companion tried both of them and lets just say I believe the rumors, or at least I smelt them haha really funny with the whole spear thing!! Maybe I will learn how to be nice on my mission or something and I wont get angry any more! Good luck in Basketball just remember to work your very best!!!! Hmm we better figure out something better then (sparkle bun power) any ideas?  Love you favorite little sister! Elder Tilley

Preston-That is pretty crazy man! I am glad you are doing better. I have been praying for you every day and have been fasting for you and I know the Lord is answering my Prayers! That is so cool that Josh was able to get you guys a dog! I forget did he get you guys an Australian Sheppard or a Queensland heeler? I love you tons man! Keep up the hard work! And you are in my Prayers every day!! (my concussion?) … Lets see man, so right after I fell off the bunk bed (and got my concussion) I did not remember anything really, but after a while my memory started to come back. What I remember is that I was sitting on the bunk bed with my feet over the bars and I was saying the poem I memorized for school to mom. The next thing I remember is everybody around me in my room and I did not really know what was going on. Then I remember going and threw up in the bathroom except I do not think I made it to the bathroom the first time! :) So that is what I remembered! So I guess we are concussion buddies!! Except yours was a lot more intense! Love you man!! Just remember that the Lord is always watching over us and everything that we go through is for our own good!! Love you!!

Mom-… I need the water bottle for Africa I am not sure if they have them there. I just know that they are pretty expensive so if Braden did not need his then maybe I can just take his…I do not think I told you about my companion, but he does not really do any kind of music stuff, but there are a lot of guys that sing here so we have been harmonizing and stuff and he loves it!! It is so funny he loves to sing now! He is a big black football guy who now loves to sing it is pretty funny! And there is about 4 or 5 of us who sing songs as we walk around the MTC it is a lot of fun! One of our favorites we like to sing is Army of Helaman, some of the other ones you could say aren’t church songs, but I think it really helps us to become closer together it is really cool. We have some other songs too, We also have practices in showers! Probably one of the highlights of my day! It is kind of ridiculous but it is fun!! One Elder who is leaving tomorrow that I have never seen before came up to us and said hey can I hear one of your guys’ songs before I leave! That is kind of funny! My companion decided that we are going to be called the" Sons of Mosiah" I am in the choir and that is alot of fun we have sang come thou fount and be still my soul! I do not know if we are going to be in conference yet. I have not heard anything. I have definitely been feeling the spirit more in my personal study. Just today I was having my scripture study and I just felt so happy! It was awesome! Our district is doing a lot better, it is fun to see everyone including myself grow so much in such a short amount of time!

Pops!-I am so glad that Preston is doing better. I have been praying really hard and fasting that Preston would be able to play sports again. I know how much sports helped me and meant to me and I did not want him to miss out on those things. I am so grateful that the doctor thinks he will recover so quickly the Lord is definitely answering my prayers!

It sounds like you are cleaning house at work! And it sounds like things are going really well! My Portuguese is coming. Spanish has definitely helped me a lot. And it has been good for me because all of the rules are pretty much the same so I know how to conjugate and stuff. The conjugation endings are a little bit different, but it is not too bad. We are pretty much teaching lessons without having to read a lot of the stuff. The hardest part is understanding the investigator and figuring out their needs.  It is definitely really hard though sometimes with the language, it feels like we will never be able to speak really well in Portuguese, like our teachers, but the Lord is definitely blessing me! I feel like I can speak better Portuguese then I ever could speak Spanish so I know that the Lord is helping me. Our district on Saturdays from now is trying to only speak Portuguese, so we will see how it goes!

Would you be able to check on my visa this week! It is just a little bit stressful not really know what is going on with it! And if you figure out anything maybe just dear elder me it! Thanks! One of the district Presidents was telling us a little bit about the election. How is it going? I heard Romney is still the front runner, but that Super Tuesday is tomorrow? Let me know how it goes? I think there are two other missionaries in the other zone that are going to same time as me I only know the Carmichaels nephew I am not sure of the other one, but there are three Elders that are leaving on Thursday for Angola so that is pretty cool!
Love you!!

Braden…That is way cool about the girl with her trials! We are soooo blessed it is not even funny! Thanks man for the comfort it really does help!  For a while I felt like Hell was shaking me! But I am starting to shake Hell back!!! (quote J)
Thanks so much man Love you!! Love you family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment