Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012


So normal typical day we wake up at 7.00 and then do our normal morning thing, pray, exercise, shower (when we can) and then start with our Personal Study than companion study. Then we do another hour of companion study, but we do this thing called the “first 12 weeks”, and it has a bunch of things the new missionary should do. Braden could tell you more about it. Than we do language study, eat and than we are out the door.

Investigators. We probably on average teach 3 or 4 lessons in a day. We are trying to focus on our new investigators and helping them to progress, because we have found a lot of people recently but we are having a hard to helping them to progress and keep their commitments. We are teaching alot of people right now, but one ladies name is Mifi and she is really sold all she is waiting for right now is for her documents to get finalized for marriage and than she will be baptized. We have another guy who is in the same situation and his name is Alberto. Another lady we have is Rosa, she is soo awesome she is a great lady and has a really strong testimony…and has a deep desire to do what is right. We also started to teach a family, but they all kind of lost interest except for one of the daughters and we had a family night and one of the members houses last week and we taught about the book of Mormon and we invited her and her brother to read and pray about it. We went to her house a couple days ago and we asked her about her reading (ohh her name is Adriana) and she said she was at 1 Nephi Chapter 4 and her favorite verse that she read was 1Nephi 3.7! That was really cool she than said that she prayed but has not received an answer yet. So that was exciting so hopefully she will continue to read and pray. The complicated thing is that she is 18 and we have to get special permission to continue to teach a girl who is under 21, so hopefully we can get that permission from President. We do have a few more main investigators, but I will have to tell you about them next time!!

Language is going pretty well. I am still having a hard time understanding the Natives, but a member told me the other day that my Portuguese is getting alot better so that was good to hear! For the most part with the language I can get what is going on, but I miss a lot of the details.

We got to go on (the Safari) because the Walton’s like to take everyone once so all the Missionaries who did not get to go on the last one got to go on this one. (that was only about half of our Mission). (There are 26 missionaries in Angola)

Right now I am studying the Conversion and I am going through the Book of Mormon right now just studying that. Also I am doing a study on the Life of Christ. But one of the main things I have learned about conversion is that we have to go through trials and tribulations for real conversion to take place. But we not only have to go through trials, but we have to turn to Christ through the Scriptures and prayer during our trials and when we do that our conversion becomes deeper and deeper.
When I got here in Angola I went through a really hard time, probably the hardest time of my life, but because of that experience my testimony has grown so much and my conversion has been deepened especially in regards to the Book of Mormon. There is no way that book can not be true!! …I have thought that many times about my future spouse and I have thought several times that I need to marry someone that has gone through hard trials and struggles and has turned to Christ during those times, that way I know her testimony is strong and is deep!!

So you know how sometimes you start thinking about the eternities and about things like that and your mind goes crazy thinking about it. So I had one of those experiences, but I was not thinking about the eternities I was thinking about you and how awesome you are! I am not just saying that to make you feel good although I hope it does! That really did happen to me the other day right as I was about to go to bed! I love you so much Mom!! Keep up the great work!!
Love you son!! Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment