Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012


Answers to mom’s questions:
1.     Yeah … we all get along. We don’t do missionary work really together but everything else yes...
2.     I think people are receiving packages ok. And I think people are getting letters well too. I don’t really know because I am in Lubango. I got a letter from Sister Heilman though (I am not sure how she got the address) and Elder Borden has a package waiting for him in Luanda, so I imagine so, but I do not really know. Umm … maybe try a letter or something...
3.     We really just dropped a lot of investigators that really were not really interested they just let us come by because they were nice people. So we are doing a lot of contacts in the road, which is not always very affective, but it needs to be done sometimes. The problem is people here would rather lie to your face then tell you that they are not interested. So we get people’s phone numbers, we call them up, set a time and place where we can meet because no body has address here, so then we go to that place at that time and call the person and there phone is turned off! Can be very frustrating sometimes, but it is just sifting through people until we find the elect here in Lubango.
4.     Yep I know you are praying for me! Thanks!

Hey Bec how is it going?
So first story (not real I made it up) I got attacked by a lion!
Second story (not real I made it up) I got attacked by a Monkey!
Third Story (this one is real) we were walking down that street and sometimes you have to walk on the road itself, because there is no real path on the side of the road. So I was walking and there was a car parked on the side of the road and so I walked on the side of it and there was a guy on a motorcycle that was a little bit a ways, but he was right in front of me and coming toward me. He was getting closer but I was not worried, then a random car tire rolled out in the middle of the street (some kids were playing with it and they rolled it out on accident). So this tire rolled out in the street and luckily the guy on the motorcycle saw it and kicked it as it rolled and hit his leg just as he was passing it. So fortunately nothing happened, but if the kids would have rolled the tire one or two seconds earlier, the guy would have crashed and probably hit me. When it happened I was not scarred at all, but looking back I realized it could have been really bad and I am very grateful for the protection of the Lord!
Love you Bec keep up the great work! (By the way that was 3 stories so now I am beating him (Dallon Ray) by one :) )
Elder Tilley

Mom-So in my scripture study I read Mosiah 7:27 and it says that we are made in the image of God, which I have always thought God as Heavenly Father, but according to this scripture God is Jesus Christ. I am not really sure what that means, but just something that I found was interesting.
Love you Mom!! I hope that you have a great week!
Sorry I did not send pictures... the Internet is not working very well.
Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment