Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 17, 2012


Hi Mom I am on, Prestident Kretly changed the rule to only an hour of internet time, so I have even less time to write. (I’m) not really (able to print emails) because I have to pay money and it is just a big pain...Did you find sister Violin on Facebook?

So I went to the doctor and got another test and they said that the Paludismo left and it is not in my blood, so that is good.


Elder Montgomery (Also from Gilbert; Highland HS) and Elder Tilley
Also do you remember that family I talked about when I was in Lunada, I think I told you the story about how the Daughter read the Book of Momon and told her family that it was true. The dads name is Mario if that helps, anyways  they are getting baptized this Saturday! The Mom and Dad and the three kids! I am so super excited for them, but really sad that I can not be their! My trainer Elder Rainbolt is still in that same area going on 5 transfers!! So he told me that he would send me some pcitures.
So one investigator that we have is named Brother Rock and he is a Spiritual Giant!! The only reason he is not baptized is because he is not married and I have worked with a lot of people that the only reason they are not baptized is because they are not married and to this point none of them have been able to get married because it is expensive and is a really annoying processes and so alot of people just do not have the desire to do it or their "spouse" does not want to do it and is holding them back! But he is very determined to get it down, and he should get all of his paper work down this week and then I think he has to send it to Luanda to get it approved, which could take along time! So if you guys could keep him in your prayers and that his marriage will happen smoothly and quickly that would be great!!

The Voilins (couple missionary from Brazil) took the 4 missionaries to Tunda Vala cliffs on preparation day



















So the beginning of last transfer I had an experience that I felt like I needed to study the language alot more…This week I had another similar experience and I felt like the Lord was telling me the exact same thing. So I came to the conclusion that I really need to buckle down and do better, the Lord has really blessed me to pick up the language really fast and I know that he has given me the gift of tongues and understanding, but I feel like I need to do more on my part so that the Lord can bless me even more. So if you guys could pray for me with that as well that would be great!  One of my goals to help me do better with this is to read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese for part of my Language study, by the end of next transfer so about three months, it is about 7-8 pages a day in the Portuguese  version. And yesterday I had the thought to invite my family to read the Book of Mormon (in English :) ) with me by the end of  next transfer as well. 

I am not sure if that is something that you guys would want to do or feel like you should, but if you guys want to join in with me that would be great! But if (not) that is totally fine!  Love you Mom thank you for your support and Prayers!! Elder Tilley

(Braden) Hey so when is the Big date I still did not get that one! Keep up the good work brother!! I am praying for you too!!  Just Remember "If life was not hard it would not be worth it!" (Quote by Braden Tilley to Elder Tilley in his first transfer, but referring to Missions)
Love you so much Bro!!
Elder Tilley

Pops!
It always seems like that happens, people say they will come to church and then something crazy happens. Just keep inviting her!! Thanks for the advice!  Keep up the great Missionary work that you are doing!! (How great will be our Joy in the Kingdom of Heaven when we sit with those that we helped bring into the Church/ Gospel) Love you  Pops!! Elder Tilley





No comments:

Post a Comment