Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012


Lubango Distrct; only 4 Elders in the City of Lubango.
Companions: Elders Kelsey & Montgomery (also from Gilbert), Elders Borden & Tilley.

Thanks Dad for the email, that really helps a lot. I just wanted to know what you thought about it, to try and confirm what I thought as well thanks so much! 
I hope that you are doing well and everything is going well at work! 
Love you Pops! Your are so awesome thanks for being such a great Father!
Love you! 
Elder Tilley

Here is a picture of part of the city of Lubango . . . 

and a picture of my Book of Mormon I am studying in. 

Obviously it is really dirty here and with books the pages that you read and mark up get really dirty so I can pretty much turn to exact page where I am at by seeing the dirt of the pages ! :)











Mom!
Hey mom I did not get an email from you this week. Don’t worry if you did not have time or anything, I know that you were probably crazy busy or your email just did not go through or something. Please do not worry though!! I remember when things would happen like this to Braden and you would kind of freak out and think that Braden thought that you did not Love him or something! Just know that I know that you still Love me and care about me, something probably just came up J. I hope that you are doing well! I am doing really well. Hey would you be able to send me a package with colored pencils (24 pack), a little tiny pencil sharpener, another bottle of compound W, and one of those little tiny, but powerful flashlights that we have, if it takes AAA batteries that would be better, but AA batteries would work too. (Mine broke and without energy a lot of times I kind of need one. We have to use candles right now, it is pretty sweet!!!) I think the package has to be under 2.2 pounds so if all of that stuff is too heavy then maybe just send a 12 pack of colored pencils and if it is still too heavy you could leave out the compound W. Thanks so much!
Missionary Apartment in Lubango, Angola
(Braden)
Thanks Bro for the letter! It really boosted me up! It is so awesome how the Lord takes care of his missionaries. For example this past week I have been having the thoughts about if my family is really Proud of me. I know they are because I am their family, but I just really had the doubt come into my mind if my family really is Proud! And then low and behold I get a letter from my brother that says he is proud of me! Thank you so much for the letter it really helped me! and thanks for following the Spirit! Thanks for being such a great example to me! I love you so much!
P.S. I hope Chelsy had fun/ did well on the family Labor camp out because if not their may be some future problems :) haha just kidding! Love you bro thanks for everything that you have already done for me! Love Elder Tilley I forgot to reply to your question about how I am doing Physically and Spiritually. I am doing well with both! I am learning so much spiritually because of the Scripture studies that I am doing and I am learning so much and the Lord is really changing me! (Like that quote says "A study of the gospel will change behavior faster then the study of behavior will change behavior") I really do believe that because I have been able to see how the Lord is molding me and helping me change so that I become the Person that he wants me to be. I am doing pretty well physically also. I have pretty much fully recovered at this point and I am doing well! Tell mom sorry I have to log off right now! Sorry

Here is a journal entry:


Picture from the Violin's blog. Couple on left are the Renlunds (Quorum of Seventy), then the Thompson's (acting Mission President and wife), then the Violins (Missionary Couple from Brazil, serving in Angola)

No comments:

Post a Comment