Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 4, 2013



We were able to pass by Victor and Lioneth again. I am not quite sure what their deal is. They seem interested, but they just aren’t really acting. They seemed really nice and really wanting to know and learn when we pass by, but it is really hard to sit with them and they seem to come up with some lame excuse to not come to church so we have not passed by them for a while.
Tchimba probably will not be baptized on the 23rd. We wants to be baptized but he does not understand yet or have a testimony that this is the only true church here on the earth and that all other churches are wrong.
Adilson I really hope so. He lost his phone a couple of weeks ago and so we just have to pass by his house to see if he is home and he disappeared this week and could not find him at all and his family did not know where he was either, but on Saturday he called us from a phone and said he was in the city working. So he came to church on Sunday and said that he was having a lot of family problems and that his family was not talking with him partially because of things with our church. So after church we gave him a blessing and it said that if he put God first in his life everything would be ok. After the blessing he said that he felt like a burden had just been lifted off of his shoulders. He said that before he felt like he had this heavy back pack on but he felt like that heavy backpack was taken off of him. So we are praying for him especially with his family situation. So as of right now he is still marked for the 23rd of February, but we will see. But he will be baptized here in the near future I feel. We had an Awesome lesson with Stela these past two times! One of them the Spirit prompted me to invite her to be baptized and she accepted the invitation when she knows these things are true and that this is the only true church here on the Earth, but we still have not set a date with her yet. We then had another lesson with Stela and one of her doubts was that the Bible does not talk about the Book of Mormon. So first we explained how the people in the Book of Mormon were descendants of Joseph in Egypt, then we read Ezekiel 37:15-17 and the first time she did not understand so then she read it a second time and the light bulb clicked! Then I explained it to her, how the stick of Judah is the Bible and the stick of Joseph is the Book of Mormon. Then I put the Bible and Book of Mormon in my hand and then repeated the verse in my own words how the two sticks would be put together in our hand. As I did that I got the chills up and down my back because I realized that I was fulfilling prophecy as I was doing that! It was so cool and the spirit was definitely present. Then I told her about how Christ said how there are other sheep which are not of this fold and then we read in 3 Nephi where Christ explains how the people in the Americas are those people. After we explained that she told us that she has had a question about that verse (other sheep that are not of this fold) for a long time now and she asked a preacher once about it, but the preacher did not give a very good response. But she said that that makes sense! It was so awesome to see the Spirit direct the lesson and how the spirit helped us answer questions we did not even know she had.
Also the other day I was thinking about Ammon and Aaron and how King Lamoni and his father both asked, what do I need to do to receive this happiness... and I thought to myself "wow that would be sweet to have an investigator like that!" Then with Stela in that same lesson we had we talked about how she was doing with her prayers and she basically said that she was praying but not specifically to know if these things were true and she said that she wanted to study it out more before she came to a conclusion. So I told her that she needs to continue to study and that is an important part, but what she really needs is a confirmation from God that these things are true! I then explained about how Laman and Lemuel saw an Angel, but they were not converted because they had hard hearts and rejected the Spirit when it arrived to their hearts. So then after I explained that she said "So what do I need to do to receive that answer!!!" Wow what an awesome question!! Just like Lamoni and his father!! So I told her that she needs to do three things! She needs to Study the Book of Mormon, Pray and come to Church! It was such a Powerful lesson and a real testimony builder for all of us! It was even cooler because we had planned to teach her the Plan of Salvation that day, but the Spirit took the lesson in a different direction, which obviously was the better option. The Lord´s way is always better then our way, we just have to trust him and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and we will have miracles come about in our lives that we did not think were possible!
IT got really complicated with Marieta Yeta and Lala because Marieta and Yeta moved, and they were not living in our Branch any more, but their family attends here in Viana. But we just got permission from President Thompson to baptize them, so I hope they will be baptized on the 23rd as well, but we will see! 

The man in the picture is Gaspar The Champ!!! Just kidding about the champ part :) his name is just Gaspar but he really is a champ!

Just so you know I bore my testimony on Sunday too. Normally I don’t because the members need the chance and i am always in these peoples houses bearing testimony to them, but before church and during the sacrament I felt that I should so I did! :)

I love you Mom and Hope you have a great week! 
Oh by the way we have a Zone Conference this week with President Kretly and with Elder Cook of the Seventy and we also have our District Conference again with them as well so it should be a great week of training!

Love you Mom! you are the best!!

Elder Tilley



No comments:

Post a Comment