Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013



This is an investigator who was baptized this past week that I taught when I was in cassequele!
No I never got that package, I am not sure what happened to it, There was not anything expensive or anything in it was there? If you ever send anything expensive try just to hide it in the package someone and just let me know so that I can find it as well:) because the packages are opened by people at the post office here, because they have to see what is in it. We have not really had any problems as far as I know of, but there is always temptation for people to steel stuff if they see it. Don’t worry about it though I do not think anything has been stolen out of anyone’s packages, but just for future reference! :)

Not really anything you can do for me . . . Really just prayers!! :) :)
Anything I can do for you ?????



Filling the Baptismal Font

(Braden) Hey man! Thank you so much for sharing what you learned about Faith! I just had a spiritual experience with that... literally right now
So the experience I had was that I read your email and I feel like you are dead on! So mom sent me a video of Preston doing a sweet lay up and I tried to open it 3 or 4 times, but the computer that I had was not able to read the video and so could not open it (this was before I read your email) I was really sad that I could not open it because I really wanted to watch it! I then read your letter and thought about Preston’s video again and I said a little prayer and asked Heavenly Father if he would allow this video to open, and in my mind I knew the computer could not open it, but I thought I have 100% confidence that the Lord can do something to the computer to open this video. I clicked on the video to open it and it started downloading and opened up within 5 to 10 seconds!! Thanks for sharing what you learned with me!! Love you Man!
Elder Tilley

Preston! I got to watch your video man!!! And let me say that was definitely a Black Man Lay up if I have every seen one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i was watching the first time I thought you were going to do the same thing that I did to the kid on Mountain View! But yours was way cooler because you pretty much did what I did except you did it while you were in the air!!! That was so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I watched it probably 5 or 6 times in a row!!

Bec! :)
So I just want to tell you that you are awesome!! Don’t forget who you really are! You literally are a Daughter of God!!! I know everyone says that, but really think of that! You are a LITERAL Daughter of God and you have inherently received gifts and talents that God has! Think of the potential that you really have in this life and in the next life! You are a child of the greatest most powerful being in the Universe and He really does care about you and wants the very best for you in everything that you do! Even the small things! Just like the story I told Braden I had about having faith that I could watch Preston´s video and Heavenly Father blessed me with that! Even though that was a tiny thing when it is compared to the eternities it was something that mattered to me and because that was something that mattered to me it mattered to Heavenly Father! (Remember) Braden when it was his senior year and we all prayed and fasted for him to do is very best … for his tournament that he had. (Do you remember that!) (They did not win the state championship, but I remember that so many players and parents came up to us after his last game and told us how much Braden had affected them and affected their sons in a positive way!) Maybe that is something that we can do as a family is pray and fast for you … with Basketball specifically! But also … with school and life and those kind of things! What do you think about that?! I will definitely be praying and fasting for you this Sunday!!! I love you tons!!
PS I have also been still struggling and the only thing that has really given me relief from those hard times was a study in The Book of Mormon. Not just reading though. A few times I started reading and it did not help me, but as soon as I dove into the scriptures that is when I felt so good and relieved from everything!! Something that you can try as well!! :)
…Love your favorite first oldest brother! (Or maybe I am the last oldest...either way! :)
Elder Tilley

 (Rachel) Just wanted to wish you another Happy Birthday you had on Saturday!!
Elder Tilley 

I love you tons Mom too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t worry, you don’t have to wait two years anymore!!! Just a year!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment