Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013


Wow that is pretty intense about Becca’s week!
So I have been wanting to write you this for a while but I just have not had time or have forgotten once I have sat down at the computer to write, but several weeks ago I watched this video of Elder Holland and he is in this conference and all these people are just asking him questions and the theme is about trials and troubles and things like that, this video came with a book that Elder Holland wrote, but in this video a women said that she has two little boys and how with the world getting worse she was so scared and nervous to raise her children! And one thing that Elder Holland said to her was "Do not forget that your children were Heaven´s children before they were yours!" That was something that really hit me that Heaven is just as worried about our children or our brothers and sisters or our parents as we are! And they will do everything that is possible as well! Having said that sometimes we have to lead these people by the hand and sometimes we have to be the very answer to our own prayers! Do you remember that one time I had Sister Thompson email you because I was worried that I had scarred you or worried you? Well the morning after I wrote that letter I realized that I probably had scarred and worried you and so I prayed really hard that Heavenly Father would send you a spiritual message and comfort you and tell you that I was OK. A little bit later I had the prompting to call sister and ask her to send you an email. I debated in my mind whether I should or shouldn’t, because I did not really want to annoy Sister Thompson either, but the idea came to my mind that this was going to be the answer to my prayer, if I wanted my prayer to be answered I needed to call Sister Thompson and tell her to send you a message, and if I did not then my mother would not get a spiritual comfort! So I called her and asked her to send a message! So sometimes we have to be the answer to our own prayers! 
Everyday I pray for the couples we are teaching that they will get married, but a lot of times we have to "hold their hand" and go with them to the government building to start the process! We had to do that with Garcia and Fina and we had to be a little persistent! We marked 5-6 times with them to go to the government building to get the marriage process started, but they canceled every single time, finally this week we were able to go with Irma Fina and get the process started which was a miralce!!! I told Elder Mariquele and he almost flipped out that that happened!
So you might have to grab (someone) by the hand and help them...you can be BOLD but NOT OVER BEARING! Also another idea that just came into my mind is that maybe you can read in PMG about the iceberg! I think (people) probably have an iceberg situation! We can only see the things on the surface, but there is something much deeper! Just something that came to my mind!
I hope that this helps! 
Love you!
Elder Tilley

Bec,
That is way sick! Way to go!! So do you think you are going to go there! (BYU) Tell you the truth there are a lot of missionaries that have tried to convince me to go to BYU and I am actually considering it!!! What do you say want to go up to BYU together!?  Maybe you can become some BYU star and then I could make a music video and put up on youtube and it would go something like this "Hey mighty Quin …whats up… can you teach me how to BECCA, well just sit back and relax...."  you feeling me!!? HAHA that would be so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would so be your number 1 fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am still waiting on your atonement comments\ the things that you studied about the atonement! Maybe next week you can give some things of what you learned and then you can choose the next topic? Sound good?? If you put heavenly Father first in your life He will bless you, with everything else in your life!!! I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you
Sparkely Buns Power
Elder Tilley

(Mom)
I forgot transfers are this week, but Elder Wilson and I are staying together, which is good! We are excited for President and Sister Merrill to get here this week!
Love you Mom I will be praying for you!! I hope that you have a great week! I will be praying for you!!! And for BEC and the family!!!
I love you so much!!
Did you get the pics I sent the past few weeks (the caterpillar pictures?) remind me to write about a young man named ivandro next week !!
Love you!!
Elder Tilley

Braden,
What the heck is this zone conference thing everyone is talking about! I have not heard a thing about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I guess I am not too surprised, that is kind of how it goes in Angola!! you just got to role with the bunches and let me tell you there are alot  of punches here!!

(Dad)
Thanks for the update!! I hope that things will work your with everything!!!
Sorry I do not have much time to write today!!
Love you so much POPS!!
Elder Tilley

President and Sister Merrill and family when they were set apart by Elder Holland June 21
Elder Tilley’s new mission President and wife (Danny and Pennie Merrill) got set apart (June 21). This is their family...they are in the center middle…near Elder Holland.
(Update from Merrill’s daughter about 4:15 pm Saturday; forwarded from Tammy Montgomery…another missionary mom)
… They just called! They are there!! It was 11pm their time and they had arrived @ 4 am. They were tired but LOVING it already! They got to witness 15 baptisms today!!!! They got to meet all the elders in the city and will travel to meet others tomorrow. . . . luggage didn't make it so they got there with the clothes they were wearing and the extra pair they had on their carry on. So keep their luggage in your prayers! Yeo! But they are in such great spirits it didn't seem to phase them much. I will most definitely keep in touch!!! Exciting times! Elder Holland said to my parents during the setting apart, "you won't only be witnessing history as the church grows there, you will be making it.". So excited that ours are apart of this wonderful time when the church is growing so fast in Africa ! "Pray for their luggage!! Our boys are in good hands !!! Tammy Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment