Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013


This is the family that was baptized! Lourenco and Veronica their son Tavares and their Grandaughter Diosta! They ended up choosing me to baptize them so I did. Elder Hansen is taking the pictures. I got to baptize Lourenco, Tavares and Diosta and Elder Wilhem baptized Veronica.
This past week went really well especially with the baptisms of Lourneco, Veronica, Tavares and Diosta. (As you know) they have been working on getting married for along time, but have been waiting on money. They finally got enough money and then they planned there entire trip to the provinces to get married. It was going to be a long drive and so he worked on one of his cars (he is a mechanic) that he has because it was broken to make the trip with. He worked on it for several weeks and finally it was ready to go.  


They told me that they decided to fast the day before they left so that the trip and the marriage would all run smoothly. They started the trip and they had just left Luanda when something broke in the car that made it stop working. I am not sure what broke but he said that when this thing breaks the car is broken and it is really difficult to repair. But he said that they if God wants us to make this trip to get married and he will help us. He said they came back and he got a few parts fixed the car and made the trip to the provinces and back without any more problems. 

He kept telling us that there is no way that the car should be running. He said “ you go talk to a mechanic and he will tell you that this car should not be running” He said that it was a Miracle that the car made the trip there and back without any more problems!!

More baptism photos. 


The Girl is a family member. Her name is Neeka
Neeka again and the next photo is Domingas she is Diosta´s Mom.




Yeah I got both packages. …President and Sister (Merrill) are not going to South Africa until next week. She told us she could get us garments, which do you think would be better having you send then or sister Merrill getting them for me???????????????????????

Elder Domingos from Mozambique got here! And Elder Chatwin is training him! in an area that Elder Chatwin does not know. I told Elder Chatwin that he knows how I felt now :)  There are other Elders waiting for their visas still. Apparently they have been approved, but are still in the mail going to the MTC, so we are not sure when they will get there. This was about a week ago and as of what I know the MTC still has not gotten their Visas yet. I don’t know all their names I think Elder Way is one of them as well is Elder Rigby (I think there are 4)
Did sister Heilman just get my letter?? … I sent it a long time ago!

Mom!!! I had several FS experience this past week. Thank you for invite to do that! 
Wednesday Elder Chandler and I had to wait at our house for our new companions because we were not sure when they would get there. Elder Chandler (way different than me), he likes motor cross, big trucks and girls! :) before both of our missions I am pretty sure we would have hated each other:). Since we have lived together we have gotten to know each other pretty well. While we were waiting for our new companions we just sat and talked for probably 2 -3 hours! It was a really good conversation!! We just talked about life!
Two Saturdays ago I felt I should read the talks of President Monson from this past General Conference. In his first talk he said he wanted to go the one of the celebrations for the opening of a new Temple, but he said that is was his Wife’s Birthday and he FELT he should spend the day with her. I read that and then realized that that was the last birthday Sister Monson had on this earth and was her last birthday to spend with her husband. I is a good think President Monson following the Spirit! 

Dad-That is fun that you get to coach again! That sounds like some pretty funny trash talking :) So question. What is the difference between what you are doing and what Infusion soft is doing? That is basically what you are doing right? You have software that you will sell to companies and then the companies use it to work more efficiently. Is that correct or not? If so where did you get this software from? Did you get it from infusionsoft?
I hope it goes well this week getting it up and going!
Love you Pops!!
Elder Tilley

Hey Bec!!
So why did you like those Scriptures!?
I really like Alma 32! It talks about how Faith is like a seed. It does not happen all at once. It comes step by step little by little! Also in the Bible dictionary is says that Faith is a gift from God, but A gift that we have to work for! Also it says that it is a principal of Action and Power! Also Faith has to be centered on Jesus Christ to bring Salvation!
Also I like that it says Miracles do not prduce faith... (I would add) but faith produces Miracles!!
Keep working hard bec!! with Basketball and School and most important the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST! The only thing that can bring us REAL happiness!! No fake happiness just REAL happiness!! You know what I mean? Basketball and friends are cool and fun, but in the end it is not real happiness!! Think of when we are dead and looking back on our lives, what things are we going to wish we would have done or maybe what things are we going to wish we wouldnt have done!
Anyways
Love you tons bec!!!
Sparkley Buns Power!!
Love your Favorite older brother that is on a mission!!! 
Elder Tilley

Mom-You asked about how I feel about being “recruited”! :) I have thought about it a lot this past week and I obviously still do not know, I really want to stay at ASU and hopefully become business partners with Dad one day, but I also feel like I should go to BYU so that I can help Becca... You know what I mean! 
But I am almost out of time!!
Love you 
Elder TIlley
This week Elder Hansen and I will be preparing for the Zone Meeting as well that will be happening on Wednesday as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment