Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013

Answers:
(About Adilson) Yes there is a possibility he could be, if he wasn’t the branch President then definitely a counselor or something like that. When he was here he said he wants to stay and help the church here in Huambo. When I met him for the first time no, but she (his wife) is baptized now.
I am pretty sure in all the world the Branch President does not have to have a member wife or be sealed in the temple. A Bishop does but a Branch President I don’t think so. (But to answer the question no they do not have to be here in Angola... I don’t have a member wife nor am I sealed in the temple :) ( to my wife at least) :)
Yes I still should have them (Christmas decorations/tree/ornaments)
I dont need anything really... maybe you could just save the money and then get me something when I get home. But maybe could sent something goofy or funny or maybe just a candy bar if you really want to:) Or maybe put some more money in your account so I could buy some stuff here...
(Christmas plans) I have no idea. We are going to ask President if we can go down to Lubango for Christmas, but we have not asked him yet... So I am not sure. More then likely it will have to be Skype though, but I am not sure.
Yes I did (get the package) thank you so much!!! :) The other missionaries thought my nieces and nephews were sooo cute!


(Dad) That sounds like things are going really well with work! That is so awesome that you guys get to be on the missionary committee! That would be so much fun! Thank you for your Prayers!!
Love you!!
Elder Tilley

(Mom) Advice about being a missionary! I am pretty sure you got it perfectly! Just be humble and follow the Spirit! On my mission after teaching so many lessons I feel like I teach the lessons really well, and several missionaries have commented on my teaching, but I realized that as my own actual teaching got better sometimes the spirituality of the lessons worsened, because I felt like the way I was teaching was the best way! I felt like I taught the lessons really well, but I did not teach people very well, if that makes sense! So how do we teach people? By following the Spirit. I have realized that to be a good teacher you do not have to have a lot of knowledge, it can help you in your teaching the most important part of teaching is following the Spirit! That is what I have learned the past few weeks in my missionary work. Several times the spirit has whispered to do something and with out fail when I follow the promptings things start to blossom! It is incredible! The other day Elder Chandler and I were talking about how cool it was to follow the spirit because things just work out a lot better! So my advice would be to get all the knowledge that you can studying about how to be a good missionary, put forth the effort and show the Lord that you really want to help and be a fantastic missionary, and then humble yourself and become a Humble Servant of the Lord!  That would be my advice!
Love you tons!

Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment