Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

1.)    Honestly I have not put it on yet (Hawaii shirt), but it looks like it fits.  What flag is on it? It is not the Hawaiian flag?
2.)    (Piano) Not too often Elder Chandler plays a little bit, but I play better then him.  Irmao Beato the Angolan American J normally plays. He is not incredible, but he is better then me.
3.)    Guilherme and Florença and their daughter are a toss up. They got the money to get married and should be getting married on the 6th of December, Florença is ready to be baptized, but we are not sure if Guilherme is, so I don’t know what we will do with that. But we are hoping and praying that they will get baptized on the 7th right before Elder Chandler leaves!
Thank you for praying for the people of Huambo. He have found a few young single adults that we are trying to work with Leny, Jacó, and another man named Manuel. However our focus this week is on a couple that we found a week ago, but the first time we sat with them was yesterday. They were in their car and they stopped us and started to talk with us! They are a really great couple that have been married for 11 years. IF they accept the gospel I think that he could be a future Branch President! Their names are Helder and Edna. They have three kids, but I don’t know their names. We have just introduced the Restoration and told them our purpose and they seem really interested! We talked about eternal families and they also seemed interested in that as well. They belong to a protestant church, but we are praying that their hearts will be open to the message and accepted it and be baptized. I have been praying very specifically for them these past few days. So maybe they are a couple that you were thinking of in the temple! Thanks for being in tune with the spirit.
4.)    No not yet. We don’t have that many members, so it wont take that long if I do it. I will ask President this coming week (tithing settlement)
5.)    I am trying to send it, but it is not loading very fast (movie of almost getting kicked by a horse)
6.)    No I wasn’t (in E. Craigs area)… however a lot of those videos that he put up of Huambo have Guilherme and Florença and their kids in them.
7.)    Yes we will be going to Luanda on Monday for a training by a member of the seventy I cant remember his name but he was the one in Conference that talked about going to all meetings at church even on vacation.
8.)    Still not sure yet (Christmas plans), when we go up to Luanda we are going to ask president if we can go to Lubango, but we will see what happens.

(When E. Tilley arrived in Angola he was told he would either leave 3 weeks early or 3 weeks late from his mission. He has planned on leaving in March, but Clark asked him if he had thought about earlier).

Dad,
Honeslty I have not thought too much about it. It has come across my mind a few times, but never as an actual real option. I have always felt like it has never really been an option for me. I am not sure if it is pride or what that tells me that there is no way that I can go home a little early. I feel like I have been like that most of my life, I feel like if there are two paths placed in front of me and one is harder then the other then I was always choose the harder one. Why? I don’t know that is just how I feel.
Also I feel like Huambo really needs me right now and President Merrill really needs me to be Branch President until we get a new one. We have a few possible future Branch Presidents, but they will need to be trained and so either they will become my counselors or they will become the Branch President and me as a counselor specifically to train them! Having said that I would love to come in the end of January. I am really starting to get warn out and I would love to be there for the Temple dedication and to support Becca for her basketball season, but I really just want to forget about time and endure to the end.
This past week I had prayed and asked if there was any way possible that I could be home at least for Beccas Championship game (if she gets there) and maybe this is the answer to my prayer.
Also President needs to know in advance the date that I want to go home so I don’t even know if it is an option for me or not at this point, but we are going up to Luanda on next Monday and so I will talk with President then and see if he really needs me here in Huambo until March or not.
Love you Pops!!
Elder Tilley

What is up P-Dog!
How are you doing? I hope that you are doing well! How is school going and Basketball!?
I hope that you are doing well!

Love you Bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment