Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 20, 2014 (London, England)

We have a dear friend who lives an hour away from the airport and got permission to take Elder Tilley and Whilhelm on a little site seeing tour during their 8 hour layover. These are emails from her:

Airport Arrivals
Look who is here!
Look who I found!
Trafalgar Square

Typical English Experience (London Fish and Chips)
Fish n chips
Spring has sprung
Buckingham Palace
Me with African necklace
Anything for my lovely friend!  I am really stiff (ha!) but I'm sure it's good for me.  Can't remember if I already wrote this but I haven't walked that much (two hours straight) since my accident in November.  They are just such nice young men!  I told them they would be glad to have a break from my talking (tour guide, asking questions, telling them stories).

Elder Tilley still has his Branch President skills...he was making sure of the details and such.  I did send them on the tube by themselves going back (I did go down and made sure they went on the correct train).  They will have two Oyster cards (transportation) that I will see if you can mail to my sister as she will be coming over.  I'll remind you later and give you her address.

Prayers were definitely answered today - I was praying so hard that we would meet up okay (their flight was on the board that it had arrived and that baggage was being delivered...and then that the baggage was delivered, but then it went off the "radar" even though there were flights before and after theirs listed.  I went and asked the information man and he gave me the number to call for immigration.  I said a fervent prayer and right after that Elder Tilley called my cell to let me know they were on their way even though it was taking some time).  The other prayer was that my leg would last through lots of fast and furious walking. ha!

It was a privilege to do this.  You've raised such nice children!!

Now enjoy this blissful time of life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment