Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013

Hey Rach! How is it going!? I hope you are doing well! Happy Birthday on Saturday!! 24 Right!! I hope that all is going well with the Pregnancy and that you are not sick too much! Love you so much!!
Elder Tilley

Thank you Dad for the letter that is exactly what I needed and I feel applies directly to me! Thank you so much for following the promptings of the Holy Ghost! Love you! Elder Tilley

Bec! Thank you for your prayers I definitely felt them! This week was a lot better and I had several spiritual experiences that helped me!
I will definitely be praying for you more this week! Just keep doing what is right and do not forget the big picture in Life… Family and the Gospel!! Love you tons Bec! Next time you see Minor Webster you can just say to him "your welcome" and say that you let Highland win that game so that he could feel good inside :) Just think you just did him a big favor! Because lets be Honest if you had wanted to you could have dropped like 30 points on them and beaten them pretty easily! :) Love you Bec and always remember the most important things in life!!
Elder Tilley

(Braden) Thank you Man for the advice! That is something that I have really struggled with is coming home and just feeling really bad because I did not follow all of the promptings that I had received that day.
Thank You!! Elder Tilley

1.) Thank you so much Mom! I really did feel your prayers and the families prayers and they really really did help me! Thank you so much!
2.)Right now we have 3-5 baptisms on the 23rd of February. We have Tchimba who is doing really well and the last lesson we had with him I asked him about his testimony because I was worried he did not have one, but then he expressed to us how since he has been coming to church and has been and since he has started reading in the Book of Mormon a little bit he has had this "revelation" that he needs to stop smoking so he said he has not smoked since! It was so awesome because we did not even know he smoked and at that point we had not taught him the word of wisdom yet! Then we have Adilson who is doing well also. He was not feeling well on Sunday, but he ended up coming to Sacrament meeting anyways! We also are teaching a lady named Marieta. She is 60 years old and her nephew is a return missionary so we got the reference from him. She is doing really well she has a testimony of these things, the hard thing for her is that she is sick and has alot of pains and so it is hard for her to remember the things we teach, but she said the first time she entered the Church she just felt so good and felt like it was the right place to be! then Marieta has a few kids that live with her (they are not her kids but they are related in some way) ones name is Lala and the other is Yeta one is 12 and the other is 8 and they are always  at church and want to be baptized really bad so if Marieta is baptized on the 23rd of February then those two girls will probably be baptized as well!
3.) Yes I got one package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!! I loved the calendar with all of the comments on it!!!! That was so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!
I also loved the pen and mechanical pencil I got as well!!! I love it!! The pictures I sent are of the package I got!
4.) Yeah I do not know what happened (the bed bugs) just kind of went a way. What a huge blessing!


Mom
I was not able to get this email until today and when I read that you fasted for me, my eyes just filled with tears! Thank you so much Mom you have no idea how much you have helped me! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Mom!
Thank you so much for all that you do! This week has been alot better, it consisted of still overcoming this trial, but it was full of spiritual experiences as well. One awesome experience that I had was at Church I had marked with Adilson to pass by on Monday, but I felt the Spirit tell me to mark with him that day Sunday, but for whatever reason I didnt. Then we left Church and that same feeling continued that we needed to sit with him today, but the problem was that he lost his phone the other week so I was not able to get a hold of him to switch the day, but miraculously his Mom texted us and in the end we were able to mark for that day Sunday, which that whole experience was a Miracle in itself. So we went over and their Family was having a Family Night with a Preacher from Adison's Mom's Church so we ended up sitting a listen for alittle bit to the preacher until the family night was over and we were able to talk with Adilson. When the Preacher left Adison told us sorry because he forgot that his Moms preacher was coming over so we sat with Adilson and his Girlfriend and during the lesson I felt like I should bare my Testimony about the Book of Mormon and how much it has helped me on my mission through some of the hardest times in my life. So I did and the spirit was really strong! And I pointed out to them how they were feeling when the other preacher was here and then we were teaching! I was not trying to bash on that Preacher, but I just told them that that preacher is a good man trying to do what is right, but there is a different feeling between us and him and Adilson fully agreed and he said that he felt so much more peace and happiness and Joy when he is with us and I told him that is because this is the True Church of Christ here on the Earth and the only one with the proper authority from God!
It was a awesome lesson and the Spirit was so strong!! Thanks Mom for everything! I am doing well and a lot better and I am on the upswing I feel of this trial! Please continue to pray for me though!! Thank you everyone for your Prayers!!
Elder Tilley



No comments:

Post a Comment