Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013



This was an investigator that I taught in Cassequel that was baptized on Saturday, his name is Osvaldo.

Josh
Thanks for the letter man and the little up date! Sorry I never wished you a happy birthday! How old are you now 26!? I was going to wish you a happy birthday on Christmas, but I forgot! Sorry!  Thank you for the example that you are to me!  One day I want a family just like yours!  Love you bro!
Elder Tilley


No package yet
Yes they do (celebrate New Years)! They pretty much do what we Americans do. But I forgot to tell you what we did! We actually went to the beach again and hung out there for a few hours with President Thompson and all the Missionaries so that was a lot of fun. (That was New Years Day) New Years Eve we got permission to stay up until Midnight so we played "uno" until midnight and then went to bed! :)
I do not think anyone here knows who (Martin Luther King) is.
Writing down the goal is what always has helped me the most! I really like that quote that says something like goals not written down are only dreams and dreams only come true in fairy tails. Or something like... basically the point is that we need to write down our goals. That is something that has helped me because as soon as I write it down then I just feel a little bit more bound to it and I actually need to do it!
We are teaching several people. We have one man who’s name is tchimba (yes it is spelled right :) You pronounce it like Chimba though). He actually passed our house one day and wanted to know if he could cut our grass for some money, so we let him and when he was done he was walking away and one of the Elders called him back and started to talk with him about the gospel and he happed to live in our area. So we started to teach him and he is progressing really fast he has a baptismal date for 9th of February. Also with the other guy who I told you about on Chirstmas (Adilson). He is doing really well now. He had a period of time where he started to waiver a little bit, but he is back on track and hopeful will be baptized here in a month or two. Also we are teaching another lady named Stela. She is really awesome. She has gone to several different churches her entire life and so she has several doctrines that are planted in her mind that are not true. Almost every principle that we teach she has some kind of question or doubt or something, which is fantastic! because it shows us that she actually is understanding what we are teaching her. We just have to teach her really slowly, but I feel like she will be baptized in the end. So as of right now just one tchimba for the 9th of February, but we should have several more here in the coming week or two.
I am not sure who told Preston he was not a shooter, Preston is probably one of the best shooters out of all of us. Also basketball is not nearly as fun especially when you get older if you do not shoot and score! (I know from experience :)
Do you know if his coach told him that? Or who told him that? Who ever it was (maybe it was just himself) tell Preston not to believe it and got out shoot! Even if he wasn’t a shooter the only way you are going to learn is if you try and if you shoot during the games! Even if you miss a lot in the beginning you will only get better and better little by little and by the time he is in High school he will be a fantastic shooter!

Pres!
Hey man mom told me that you said that you were not a shooter! Who told you that!!!? Do not believe them! You can probably shooter better then anyone in the family! If you start shooting now in games you are only going to get better and better even if you miss a lot at the first, but by the time you are in High School then you will be a really good shooter! So in you next game go out there and shoot!! :) I wish I would have shot more when I was younger so that when I got to High School I was a better shooter then I was!  So go out there and shoot lights out! Even if you do not make them all or even if you do not make any! Go out there and Shoot! Love you man!!! Keep up all the great work that you are doing and work your rear end off!!! I love you so much man!!!!!
Elder Tilley

Dad and Mom,
That is fantastic Dad! All of these business opportunities that you are having! The Lord really is blessing us as a Family. If you guys could pray for me that would be great! This past week has been really hard for me especially the past few days! I feel like Satan is just really tempting me very hard and it really has been a struggle. I started to do better last night and little bit better this morning, but it really has just been a struggle with strong doubts being thrown at me and I am doing everything I can to avoid them, but it has just been a really hard mentally and spiritually. I feel like I have been doing a really good job and I have felt the Spirit alot and now I feel like the Lord is allowing Satan to have his turn with me for a time and I am still trying to overcome it! If you and the family could keep me in your prayers that would be great! Please do not worry about me, but I just wanted you to know and ask you for yours and the families prayers! Thanks!

I love you guys so much!!! I could not have asked for Better Parents! Thank You Thank You Thank You!  Love you My MOM and DAD forever!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Tilley
By the way transfers were today but both Elder Chatwin and I are staying here! Which I am excited about!!

(Braden)
Thanks man for the happy birthday wishes! Keep up the great work! By the way Tilley after the name Chelsey looks fantastic! :)
Elder Tilley

Dear Bec,
To tell you the truth I have really been struggling this week, just a lot of temptations and struggles coming my way! If you could please pray for me that would great! Thanks! Sick way to go with your game! Keep it up!
Wow iPhone already! I am not sure what to say to that...  only that Mom and Dad are getting generous :) Heck yeah we will be in The Singles Ward together! We will have to race each other to see who can get married first! :) Haha Just kidding!! But I have a better idea once we both get their I keep an eye out for the top notch guys and you can tell which girls are the top notch girls! Sound good!? Keep it up bec! I miss having one on one conversations with you! Remember that car ride from Thatcher and we just talked! That was alot of fun! I miss you bec!! and Love you so much!!
SPARKALY BUNS POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment