Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013


May 13, 2013



Elder mariquele really wanted to learn from sister (Thompson) how to make bread so we went last week and made bread (a couple really simple recipes) 
So I am trying to send pictures but the computer is not reading my card, I will keep trying though. So Elder Mariquele is getting transferred to Benfica and is going to be the Assistant with Elder Whilhelm and then Elder Wilson is going to be my new companion... just so you know 
2.) Yeah I guess it is kind of like checks and balances sort of. I was Elder Cliffords Zone Leader but he was my district leader.
3.) Rice and beans, hamburgers, spaghetti, bread, soup and that kind of stuff.
4.) yeah i am taking them (vitamins)
5.) Yeah (Mariquele) he speaks English pretty well, but we pretty much only speak Portuguese.
6.) The family night we had fell through so we ended up just knocking doors and doing some contacts.
 


Picture of us looking cool in our matching uniforms! (It is a telephone company a member got them for us) :)

Mom,
So I am sitting here trying to figure out what to write, nothing is coming to mind.
The past week has been a little bit stressful just because we have had alot of meetings lately because there has been a few issues going on and the zone leaders have been the middle man between us and Mozambique. But it has been good, if nothing else I feel like it is teaching me some good business skills!
I had a great time talking with you, afterwards I realized that we did not really talk about anything, but I really just enjoyed seeing you guys and being with you! I hope that your meetings went well on Sunday!? We also went to a museum this morning with all of the missionaries so that was fun. It was a museum of Angola animals! That was pretty cool!
I am really excited to start working with Elder Wilson we were in the MTC together, so that will be fun!

(Bec)
Thanks for the emails!
The house I am in is really nice, it probably is about as nice as the apartment I lived in in Virginia. Haha dont worry ill hook you up!...
oh what the heck does guchi mean?
I hope you have a wonderful, spirit filled week! :)
Love you tons!!
Sparkly buns power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Tilley

Braden! that is so cool that you are taking  Portuguese! It is actually pretty similar to Spanish. The rules are all pretty much the same, there are even a lot of words that are the same or similar.
Love you so much man!
Elder Tilley 

Entao eu estava a pensar que eu devo enviar uma mensagem para voce em Portugues, porque ja falas portugues! estou a brincar contigo! Espero que fales antes eu voltar para que possamos falar! :)
Te amo! 

(Google Translation: So I was thinking that I should send a message to you in Portuguese, because you already speak Portuguese! I'm playing with you! I hope you speak before I get back so we can talk! :)
Love you! 
(Sorry I did not use any accents or anything!)
Elder Tilley)

 (Rachel) Thanks for the quick note! I love you so much as well! Sorry that you had to get up so early to talk when you were sick! I hope that you are doing better now!
Love you tons!!
Elder Tilley

Love you so much Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope that you have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you
Elder Tilley

 

Elder Tilley making bread at the Thompson's. We got this off her blog!

Pictures from the Thompson's blog: Missionaries on P-day; we think Elder TIlley is on the far left!


No comments:

Post a Comment