Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013


Hey mom how are you doing? I am on!

Hey Pops!!
How are things going! I am doing pretty well! As I read your letter I was so filled with gratitude for my parents! You said that because of me and Braden you forgot how to be parents, but I would say that the main reason we were how we were is because of you and Mom. When I was with Elder Mariquele he wanted to know more about our family and our family rules and things like that because he said he wanted to have a family just like mine. Also before Elder Rainbolt (my trainer) left for home I called him and talked with him and he said how my family was such an example to him and he also wants a have a family just like mine! I think it is interesting that two of my companions who are converts who have not been raised in the church and they do not have families that are members who are trying to figure out how they want to raise their family both said that they wanted to have a family just like mine! Thank you so much for all that you do for our family!
The other day some missionaries were talking and they talked about how some missionaries parents had been divorced and things like that and I thought about those people as well as the people that I know that have been divorced and about their kids. And I have heard of some other stories where the parents are just staying together for the kids and then once the youngest one leaves they will probably get divorced! Anyways I just wanted to thank you for the love that you and Mom have for each other! You are great examples to me! I could not image a home where my parents were divorced or where my parents did not like\love each other and wanted to be separated! I just could not image that and I thank you so much for allowing me and us to be raised in a loving home!
Sorry for not really responding to your last letter I did not have a lot of time! But thank you for sharing with me what you did and also talking a little bit about how you did not feel like a great man. Sometimes I feel like the members of our family are so perfect, I know that they are not, but it sure seems like they got everything figured out and they hardly make any mistakes and then I see myself and I feel like I am nowhere near how good my family is and sometimes I get discouraged because of it, so thank you for saying some of your weaknesses! It helps me remember that nobody including our family is perfect and we learn things one step at a time!  But thank you for the invite to think, talk, and act like a great man! I will accept to start doing better to have thoughts, to talk, and to act like a great man would!
Love you Pops

Yeah mom so can you do me a favor? Can you look up what chocolate liquor is.
This may seem kind of funny, but we went to a store and they had some American cookie mix, so we bought it and then afterwards I saw that in the ingredients the chocolate chips had chocolate liquor. I decided that I was not going to eat them, but then a missionary made them and offered me one so I ate it. That may seem kind of dumb, but if you could that would be great! :)

I think that you are right. If we did not have temptations there would not be a purpose for us here on this earth. One time I had an interview with President Thompson and we talked about bad thoughts. And he said that our purpose here on this earth is to be tested and how can we be tested if a bad thought never entered our mind. Now that does not mean that we should linger on that thought, but bad thoughts and temptations will always come and we just have to learn to overcome them, which a lot of times is a lot harder then we think. And I think a lot of times we do not realize that it is a trial we need to go through and so it is a lot harder. So just so you know I am going through trials and being tempted just like everyone else in the World!! :)

Investigator update!
Jesse: He had a baptism date for the 13th of July and we were planning on talking about it with him to move it up to a sooner date but we did not want to push him, but he is more then ready to be baptized! Anyways so I brought up that his baptismal date was pretty far a way and I asked him why and he said that he just wanted to know more. And then his buddy who is a stud who just got baptized two weeks or three weeks ago said " but you do not need to know everything you can learn afterwards" then Jesse said I know that is why I wanted to move the date up earlier, so I pulled out my phone to look at the calendar and I told him all the dates of the baptisms (every one of the Saturdays) and he said June 1 will be good! That really took me by surprise but he is definitely ready!
It was a cool experience with him as well because he used to be Elder Cliffords and Dredges investigator and the Sunday before transfers I saw Jesse and I felt the Spirit tell me to talk to him about being baptized (at that point he did not have a baptismal date) so i said do you have a baptismal date and he said no, and then I said you are going to follow in your buddies footsteps right? (His buddy denilson was baptized the week or two before) and he said yes! Then transfers came and Elder Cliffords and Dredges area was dissolved and so we had to pick it up so Jesse became our investigator! So he is going to be baptized on Saturday

Nando: He was going to be baptized on Saturday but he did not come to church on Sunday so he probably wont be baptized.

Garcia: We were not able to go to the place to start the whole marriage process with him last week, but we are going to try and go tomorrow! Please Pray that everything will go well!

Lourenco e Veronica: we set a goal with him to be married in 1 month! So we are praying that that will happen!

Mosies: This is a man whose wife passed away 3 months ago and then his house caught fire a few weeks ago and burn a lot of stuff (everyone’s house here is made our of cinderblocks so fortunately it did not burn to the ground) He is a great guy and has a desire to learn!

Sergio: He was a drunk man that came into the church after church and just sat down. President Miranda (the district President) talked with him and now we are going to start teaching him and helping him. We passed by his house and he has two little boys that are living with him and a daughter, but she does not live with them. They do not have any food and only have the clothes on their back! It will be an interesting road with him, but please pray for him! and Us to know how to help him!

I know pres probably will not get this but I will be praying for him!
Elder Tilley

President Kretly is here for the last time this week so we should get some good training!!!

Love you Mom I hope you have a great week! I will definitely be praying for you and the family and the girls you will be over!!
Love you tons!!!
Elder Tilley



The Thompson's "Good-bye"! He has been like the Mission President to he missionaries in Angola!
THEY ALL LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment