Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013


Hey Mom I am on. So we are going to have a fireside this sunday about
Temples and Temple marriages and things like that. If you are awake
and able would you be able to send me some pictures of Joshs or
Rachels or Bradens Temple pictures within the next hour? If not that
is ok, but if you could that would be great!
Yeah ones like these are great. We will be showing them digitally.~
Maybe send some of Rach and Braden too.
Can you send those last ones as attachments because I need to forward
them to my branch email, but one I went to forward the ones of Rach
and Braden the pics were not there

(Bec)
Hey bec sorry I have not written in a while I was going to write last
week but the internet was really bad. To answer all your questions …
So (here is the real story) with the missionaries that got robbed. We had a zone conference here in Huambo so there were 13 missionaries living in the same house for several days. So Monday night at 7-8 Elder Kearney and Elder Clifford went to the grocery store to by some food so that we could make dinner for us 8 missionaries who were still in Huambo, also because of all the confusion with all the missionaries Elder Clifford had not done shopping for the week so they went and did that.  They were gone for a while and I kind of got nervous. A little bit later I got nervous again as well as some of the other missionaries. I went and got my phone and I saw I had a missed call from Elder Clifford. I called them back but no answer. All of us were kind of worried and we decided that we would go look for them (if they weren’t back) in10-15 minutes. But with in 5 they got back and told us they got robbed. They said they left the grocery store and they were coming back on the bikes (we have bikes here in Huambo) and two electric scooters passed them and then stopped in front of them and stopped them. Elder Kearney said he was about to punch one of them, but he pulled out a gun, Elder Kearney said he was pretty sure it was fake but then the guy cocked it and Elder Kearney said it was definitely real. They didn’t point the gun at their faces. The gun was pointed at Elder Cliffords stomach though. They ended up taking everything except a few groceries and the bikes. One of the guys kind of jokingly slapped Elder Kearney. he said it didnt really hurt...just made him really mad. They then told them to get on there bikes and ride home... so they did. They got their backpacks stolen and their cameras and most of the food they just bought, and scriptures, but only copies of there personal documents, and they stole their phones as well. .....
But we are all safe!!
I love you Bec!
I hope you have a great week!
Sparkley Buns Power!
Elder Tilley

(Mom)
That is so crazy that Caylie is going to get baptized! that is really cool! How old is she?
2.) Those (pics) you sent will be perfect. yes I should be able to print them out. So I can just do that! It will be alot easier (then having you send them)!
4.) No I haven’t (gotten a 2nd counselor yet) and I may not... it just depends we will see. The secretary went to Spain to go to the Temple and will not be back till the end of October, so I wont be able to get a picture of us until then
5.) Yes I will try to (get some pictures).
6:) Elder Clifford and Elder Whitaker and Elder McCune and I (are the 4 Elders in Huambo)
7.) Yes..we have bikes but we do not use them alot because there is no good
place to put them when we are teaching or contacting.
They have some taxis but very few routes that they take so me mostly walk.
8.) Honestly I can not really remember much (of P. Merrills talk). He did talk about obedience and Power though and he said the way we can be more Powerful missionaries is by being obedient!
9.) No I will try (my debit card again) today
10.) (Yes…Huambo is closer but) still not like the US, but it has sidewalks and trees that Humans planted which is unusual. Missionary work wise it is pretty dead. In Terra Nova we were teaching about 19 lessons in a week, this past week we taught 7. Our weekly planning which normally takes 3 hours took about 45 minutes:) Things were kind of like this went I got to Terra Nova too, so hopefully we can get members more involved and get the missionary work up and going!
My mission is one of the hardest things i have ever done, but I am so grateful for the experiences that I am having that are helping me grow closer to my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ! I do not think I would be able to do this with out the Grace of Jesus Christ! I love this Gospel because of the joy that comes into my life and the Joy that comes into the lives of those that really apply it in their lives! I know the Restoration happened and I know the Atonement is real because of the Holy Ghost has testified to me that these things are true and I have seen the Atonement work in my own personal life as well as the lives of others! Being a Branch President is a new experience as well. The Lord is blessing me with the revelation that I need to help the Branch. I also have a testimony of callings as well! I have seen the Lord give me specific instructions or things I need to do to help the branch and I do not believe I received that revelation because of anything that I had done. It was mirrly becasue the Lord called me to be the Branch President and so I feel like he was blessing me with those revelations to help me in my calling and I am pretty sure I would not have received those revelations if I had not been called to be the Branch President. The Lord qualifies him who he calls! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen!
Love you Mom!
Elder Tilley

 (Braden) I was going to write last week but the internet was Bad!
I hope that you had a wonderful Birthday and a great 1 year
annaversary (No Idea how to spell that!)
Love you Bro!1
Elder Tilley

Could you sent this to Preston!
Hey Pres How are you doing? How is school going for you? I forget are you doing any sports right now or are you just waiting for basketball to start up? Careful will the ladies alright ;)  Sao perigosas! :)
Love you P Dog!!
Elder Tilley

Logging off!!
Love you Mom!!!
Elder Tilley
have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment