Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Branch President's Office


Elder Tilley and Elder McCune
I have no idea (when we will be able to watch conference), us missionaries watched Priesthood session on Sunday with a member who speaks English... it was really good. I was going to take a picture but I forgot.
(Our marriage fireside) went pretty well, yes I was able to get the pictures.
Emergency supplies (at our house?)... not really. It is a really big house, but it is a little bit older and has kind of a cabin feel to it :)
Yep :) (If I stay here the rest of my mission I won’t get to know the other missionaries or hang out with the Merrill’s).
Nope … no seniro couples here.
Not (had to eat) anything (too “odd”) recently
Yeah we can print stuff.
Debit card did NOT work again. It said my bank will still not allow it.
We have one family we are teaching Guilherme and Florença and they have a few kids. They are just waiting on marriage which should be the beginning of december... pray for them.
And Marciano and Luisa they are brother a sister they are both over 30 years old. We found them knocking doors. Luisa (drinks) so we are trying to help that situation. Marciano understands the restoration and the Book of Mormon really well, but they have not come to church for two weeks now. Their mom is Pentecostal and she is a little bit ...:), she thinks that her kids have evil spirits and things like that, but we are trying to overcome that as well... and that is basically all the investigators that we have for right now.
This past week everyone got sick though except for Elder McCune. So we had a few days out of commission, but hopefully things will start to pick up this week.
FS. I gave a training about forgiveness last week and there was an investigator of the other Elders who said that the training really touched him and he wants to come back to church... that was his first time coming to church. I was glad that the Spirit entered his heart and helped to change his heart.

(Josh)
Hey Bro how is it going?
Hey so in my Branch I am teaching a class on how to teach people:) I was just wondering if you could give me some ideas of good teaching techniques or what you think would be good for me to teach these future teachers... thanks!
Love you all tons!!
Elder Tilley

(Preston)
Hey bro!
That sounds like quite some deal you got going on! keep working on those hymns. Make sure you practice some sacrament hymns... those ones will definitely be really useful for you in the future!!
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or if I can write to you about anything!!
Keep up the great work!! Careful with the ladies! :)
I love you man!!!
Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment