Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Hey Mom I need you to respond to this as soon as you can. Which airport do you want me to fly into? The Phoenix one right? Sister Merrill is starting my travel plans home and she needs to know. I am not sure if Sister Merrill is going to tell me my travel plans until like the week before, but she should send you an email when they are all done. I am not sure if Mesa is an option. If it is then i have a lay over in Salt Lake or even Phoenix and get home even later. But if you feel like Mesa would be better we can do that.
Second question. So they have these really cool African fabrics here and I was thinking that maybe I could bring some home and you could make me a quilt out of them with the dates I was a missionary or something, but would that be too much work for you if it will be too much work then I will not worry about it. Ok it will probably not be the same fabric several different ones maybe, also the fabric is pretty thin. How much should I buy? They sell them in Pieces already cut because they are used for skirts and to hold children on their backs, maybe I will try and buy one and then you know the dimensions, I am also not sure how wide they are. Should I buy enough for the Merrill’s too?
I got to go see Amelia and her Family in Lubango one last time :) They were recent converts when I got to Lubango. The boy on my rights name is Pedro. He is awesome! I love him! Both of the boys in the picture are thinking about serving missions!
Fam: My companion is getting transferred and I will be serving with Elder fountain! He is a lot of fun! It will be great
So this week we past by Guilherme and Florenças house and Guliherme told us a cool experience where one night in the middle of the night their baby girl started to cry and no matter what they did she would not stop crying. Guilherme said he started to pray and a little bit later the baby stopped crying. Guilherme had to get up about an hour later at 5 in the morning to go to work and his dad who lives right next door (very close to Guilhemes house) asked who was the choir who came and sang in your house. Guliherme did not know what he was talking about, but his dad insisted that some one came and sang, but Guilherem said no one was in their house, What it sounded like was that Guilherme thought a choir of angels came and sang their baby to sleep; way cool!
…(as Branch President) I am learning so much more about the church and how the Lord works then I could ever learn ... I feel like I am where I need to be. So many miracles I have seen and I would have missed out on (in another calling)… Also… one of my baptisms in Viana I believe will be moving here in a couple weeks and it is possible that he could become the Branch President or a counselor, which that would make my mission IF that does happen then that one experience alone makes my entire mission worth it! I would not trade where I am at right now for the world!

Love you guys^!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Elder Tilley for your letter. I read the part about Florencas and G. to Aaron (Elder Chandler). Wonderful to hear about Haumbo! Keep in touch. Look forward for continued news about the branch members.
    love Sister Sherrie Chandler

    ReplyDelete