Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

(Mom)
This year my gifts to the Savior are:
1.) Write in my Journal every day until the end of my mission. (As well as after). 
2.) Stay in contact with Missionaries, recent converts, and members that are in Angola after my mission.

1.) Well not very cool anymore that we cant extend to the end of the next transfer (April), but basically Elder Wilhelm and I just talked about extending until the 17th of March, but then did not talk about it for a week and a half and then we both told president that we wanted to extend to the 17th and we both wanted to extend to the end of the transfer (April 24), and that all happened without us really talking to each other about any of that.
2.) I dont know (why we could choose any day) the only thing president told me was that I don’t have to go home at the end of the transfer. I could go home anytime. My last two weeks (right after the transfer) I will probably just walk in a three some, so it is not that big of deal. We are getting three new Elders on the 14th and so this transfer will be ending a week early, next week. So including my extra two weeks plus my regular extention  my last transfer will be 9 weeks! I started in Angola with a 9 week transfer and now will be ending my mission with a 9 week long transfer! :) By the way Jordan Weigh (I think his name is) got reassigned permanently to somewhere else so he will not be coming to Angola!
3.) I will probably fly out Monday night (the17th) and then because of the 8 hour difference be back Tuesday night or Wednesday early morning Arizona time. So probably the 18th or 19th. I am not sure when Elder Hansen is coming home; I am not sure if he has made an official decision or not, but that will be it for missionaries coming home with me. Everyone else has left on Wednesdays because their release dates were on Wednesdays, so I will probably leave Monday night (March 17) and get their Wednesday night (19) then too.

4.) No I don’t need anything sent.

SO I WILL WRITE PRESIDENT THOMPSON TODAY BUT A WHILE AGO HE TOLD ME THAT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A MISSION REUNION THIS COMING CONFERENCE. I WILL WRITE HIM JUST TO MAKE SURE BUT MAYBE WE CAN GET TICKETS TO CONFERENCE AND GO TO THE MISSION CONFERENCE IN UTAH! WHAT DO YOU SAY?

Fam!
So this week was pretty good. We found several new people this week that we have started teaching. I am not sure how many will start to progress, but hopefully one or two will be serious investigators. This weeks sacrament meeting was fantastic. The Branch ran very smoothly without the help of the missionaries which was awesome! The testimonies that were born were fantastic! A few things were done out of the norm, but the spirit was there and was very strong! My companion Elder McCune told me that he wanted to cry during Sacrament meeting because of the huge change he has seen in Huambo since he has gotten here!

Also my companion got a hemorrhoid this week, nothing to serious just
a lot of laughs. But he should be fine we are going to get some medicine for him this week!

One good experience we had this week. Elder Tingey and I were on a division and we had a lesson fall through so we started knocking some doors in this apartment building. We were about to finish the floor and in my mind I was thinking that we would finish that floor and then go back to the house for lunch. But I felt like there was someone that needed us that was on one of the floors above us. So I was kind of fighting what we should do, go home or continue to knock and while that was going on this guy from one of the floors above was on the stairs and saw us and wanted to speak with us. So we went up and talked with him and he said that he had seen us before talking to one of his friends and he wanted to know more about our message. So we talked to him for a little bit about the Restoration and then marked to pass by the next day! His name is Sarafim! So that was a cool experience that we had!

Please continue to Pray for Helder and Edna, they could help out the branch out a lot, but it is hard to sit with them sometimes and they have not come to church yet, but partially because we have not been able to sit with them frequently I think!!

Also pray for Jaco. He is a great guy who wants to be baptized, but because of his work he can not come to church frequently. He has been an investigator off and on for about 3 years and is now ready to be baptized but because of his work we don’t feel good about it. We are praying and fasted that he would be able to find new work! If you could keep them in your prayers that would be great!

Also a man named Luciano! He is a great guy who came to church yesterday but is a little bit skeptical because he believes we should worship on Saturday and not Sunday!

Love you guys so much!
See you in a couple of months!!

Elder Tilley

(Bec)
I am glad you guys had a great Christmas! Keep up the great work! I
cant wait to get home and train with you for BYU!
Love you!!
Elder Tilley

(Pres)
That is sick! what you got for Christmas and what you gave Bec!
I am pretty sure luck will be on my side because I will be 21 when I play 21 with you, but it doesn’t really matter because I don’t need luck to win! :)
Love you man keep up the great work at home!
Elder Tilley

(Joe & Rach)
I loved the videos!! They were great and I had volume!!!
Thanks for sending them!
Thanks for the email!
Your kids are soo cute!! Love you!!
Elder Tilley

Thanks for the update!!
Love you Dad!!

Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment