Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012


Fam, Thanks everyone for the letters, I do not have a lot of time to write, so sorry if I do not respond but thank you so much for the letters and keep writing me because they really do lift me up!! Thanks so much!!

(What is your schedule?) … but pretty much what you said finding, teaching, strengthening members. We do not knock a lot of doors here, we normally just walk around and try and talk to people and a lot of times people will just call us over or come up to us and want to know what two white guys in shirts and ties are doing. 

The language is pretty difficult to understand, they just speak with a weird accent so it is really hard to understand, but I am getting better at it.

We have some Branch problems right now because pretty much everyone here are converts, and they do not understand really how to be leaders, so we are in the process of doing that. No I have not played the piano yet... sorry. The branch is called Luanda 2, my area is Luanda 2B, there are a few families but there are a lot of single members. Luanda 2 is split into two parts but we have one branch so we have 4 areas that are in the same area more or less and they live with us.

Yeah they are looking for a new apartment, I am not really sure how to describe it, but it is pretty gross you could say:) Hopefully we will be able to find a new house in the nest week or two. But we are safe it is not really dangerous here. …Well right now we do not have any power in our house right now, so we actually slept outside last night because it gets so hot. So we do not have any running water or anything. 

We email pretty much at this little small room that has computers in it. Today we got permission to email from a member’s home. She is actually American and so we are at their house right now. …I only have about an hour to read and right, but the Internet is really slow so sometimes less.

Breakfast and lunch we eat at our house and we eat dinner with the members sometimes…I do not have money yet because my card does not work but we just have a debit card we use.

Thanks everyone for the letters again. I have still been having a really hard time, but all of the letters have really helped me a lot. Thanks so much I love you all!!!!  You are great!!!


Mission Blog: Our new missionaries were still in the MTC during April General Conference and they all got to sing in the Conference Center for the Saturday afternoon session.  We decided to watch a replay and see if we could spot Elders Tilley, Hansen, and Wilhelm.  Happily we saw them all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment