Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012


Becca-…Yes I saw the picture (David Archuletta), my Branch President gave me the Newspaper with that picture so that was pretty cool!! I kind of know him, but not really. I have just talked to him once… Yeah I do like him, I think he is really down to earth! Way to Jimmer it up!! Keep it up and work hard!! Catz is definitely hard!!! But you will definitely get a lot stronger and more explosive from it. You can send letters if you want (to my friends on missions), it might be a little bit weird, but on a mission it does not really matter who it is from, it is just really up lifts your day when you get mail!! Keep up the hard work Bec, Spiritually, Academically, and Physically! In that order! If you keep STUDYING, not just reading, but studying the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon then the Lord will help change your life in ways you could not imagine! And when you put the Lord first in everything that you do and focus on others more than yourself, the Lord will help you academically and physically! I know this for a fact!  Keep up the hard work! I had the thought/feeling the other day that Becca was going to serve a mission! That would be so sick!!! It has been really hard for me so far, but I have grown so much in such a short amount of time, I cannot wait to see what the Lord will help me to become by the end of my mission! Love you Becs!! Love your favorite Youngest, Oldest Brother!! Elder Tilley

Mom,…It looks like Preston knows how to respond to the promptings of the Holy Ghost already! That is amazing! No I cannot believe it (going to Africa), I am getting a little bit nervous and excited at the same time. … we got our itinerary this past Friday. It is pretty intense, we have a 10 hour lay over in London so that will be a lot of fun! I will try and take a picture of the itinerary and send it on the SD card. Oh but my whole district leaves a week from Today, but I do not leave until a week from Thursday, I do not know why they did that, but it will be an interesting. … That will be interesting getting new a New Mission President. I am a little bit bummed because I think I will Love Sister Walton.

Easter was really good! We had a Devotional with the whole MTC at 9:00 AM with President Packer and Elder Packer, his son in the seventy. It was really cool because we took the Sacrament in the meeting, it was a cool experience.

So I was able to watch the Character of Christ again … at the very end he said so if you have been listening to the Spirit you have some homework to do, and he gave us a suggestion for what we should do. And he said we should get an inexpensive paper back book of Mormon and think of a question you have and then study the Book of Mormon with that question in mind and then when you are done pray about it and write a half page summary of what you have learned and then do it again with another question. It was really cool because that is pretty much exactly what you do! Thanks for the example! Also this time when I listened to his talk instead of writing down what he said I only wrote down what the Spirit was telling me It was awesome!! Love you mom! I Pray for you each day!!! Love your little missionary!! Elder Tilley


Preston-Haha Ironically enough the thought came to me to lift up my foot and touch his arm But when I started to raise my foot I realized I still wouldn’t be able to reach him very good and I do not know how well that would have went over, so I refrained myself from doing it. How was Thatcher and the huge Dog? Was it pretty sweet!? Nice Job in the school work! Keep working hard man!! So when do Josh and Jalin know if the little bean is a boy or girl? You will have to tell me when they know! Do you know if you are going to get your Patriarchal Blessing yet? My Blessing is so important to me and every time I read it, it really strengths me and lifts me up when I am having a hard time. Just Yesterday I decided to read it and it just brings peace to my heart! I love you so much man! Keep up the hard work! P.S. If you could help take care of Mom for me while I am gone that would be great! She really needs help right now from some little Angels and you can be that Angel. Thanks man!:) Love you Bro!! Elder Tilley

Braden,
Thanks for that letter man!! I just read it and I am so pumped right now! I am having flashbacks to when we were in the Temple we would be walking towards a mirror and you would pretend to pull your sword out! Thanks a lot for your example and your love for me! Thanks for having my back because I know you do!! I think I am ready to go “shake hell!” in Africa. Elder Tilley

Mom, That is crazy that sister B. is getting married! Tell her congratulations for me! I think the airport in London is called Heathrow Airport (LHR) or something like that. I should be able to call home at some point when we are flying to Angola, but I am not sure of all the rules or anything, so we will see, I will let you know next Monday!  Love you Mom! Have a great week! I will be praying for you!

Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment