Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012


My companion is great. I really like him a lot. I am not sure what to say about him besides that he is a great Missionary and we are doing really well together. (Yes) he was already serving here this is his third transfer, so we might only get to be together for this transfer, but we will see.

Look up Lubango (on Google earth), there is an airport pretty close. Also there is a mountain and at the top there is a statue of Jesus. Its called Cristo Rei. We live more or less at the bottom of the Mountain. It is pretty sweet here. We are still in a city but it is just a lot more calm and stuff. It is pretty cool too because there are some places that are kind of far a way and taxis do not go out that far, so sometimes we have to take motorcycles!! Pretty cool! There are just a bunch of people that have motorcycles and they wait on the side of the road until someone needs a ride.

Right now we have 4 missionaries here (in Lubango and) one branch and we have around 50 to 60, but we have about 20 to 30 little primary kids that come every week and some of them don’t even have parents that come, they just come so that is pretty cool.

I found out on a Tuesday (that I was being transferred) and President said that I would be flying out on Thursday. Funny story though because on that same Tuesday we found out that we were going to get the keys to our new house, so I told our district that we were going to move out Wednesday so that I could have one night in the New house, they all definitely agreed with me. So we moved everything outside of our house, took apart our bed frames and everything ready to move. So we were just waiting for the Zone Leaders to come with their truck to help us move. Than we got a call from Sister Walton that we could not move in that day because the owner of the house forgot to connect the water line or something, so that was kind of annoying. Than I got a call from the one of the Zone Leaders that I was going to be doing a division with him right then so that way the next day he could just drive me straight to the airport and not come pick me up. So I had to rearrange my bags to fit the things I needed into one. Kind of stressful but the zone leader I did the division with I really like a lot so that was fun. But to answer the question about how long I had (to pack) well because of the short notice division only about an hour and a half.

Our apartment is a step up from my last one, but its not too bad. We are trying to move out of this one too, but it probably won’t happen for a while because the Walton’s are leaving on Wednesday! Pretty crazy! So starting Wednesday we will not have a President! I have been trying to eat more healthy (now that I’m here) but it is really hard because we do not have a lot of time. I try to eat eggs in the morning and an apple. We try to take turns cooking for lunch so we will eat Spaghetti and things like that. Then for dinner it is just fend for yourself. So I will have eggs again or some kind of soap, but it is pretty much like Roman noodles. Do you have any suggestions for me? I am getting kind of sick of eggs already. Do you know of any quick breakfast foods or dinner foods that I can cook? I love you Mom thanks so much for your letters!

(Bec) So I do not know what the deal is but every time I try and write you something happens and I cannot send you a letter. I wrote one last week and my computer time ended and it erased the letter and I could not send it, and I did not have time to get back on and send another one! Sorry about that. So how are things going with you? I hear that you are tearing it up on the Basketball court!! That is so sick!!! I wish I could be there to see you! Keep doing your best and working hard and everything will pay off in the end! I am not sure if you are going to do catz or not, but it will definitely help you stay in shape and stuff. I love you bec! I feel bad because I felt like sometimes I was not a very good brother to you before my mission. I hope we can be the best of friends now and in a couple of years too! Love you so much bec! keep up the hard work!! Love your favorite first oldest brother!1 :)

(Preston!) Hey Bro how are things going with you!? Dad told me that your ball handling skills are incredible!! Keep up the great work! I love you so much man! One of the things I miss the most is playing 21 with you and Bec outside on the little hoop!!  I hope that you are doing well! I love you so much man! My mission has definitely been really hard, but I can definitely see how the Lord is preparing me for the future! Keep preparing for your mission by doing the little things like reading your scriptures and praying! We are teaching boy that is 12 years old and he really reminds me of you!! Love you man! Elder Tilley

(Mom) So this week has been a little bit crazy! We ate at a inactive members house the other day and she fed us a hamburger, but it was loaded with a lot of stuff and I am not sure what it was, and it was really hard to get it all down. But that night I threw it all up and threw up the next morning too. So we stayed home Friday so I could get better, but I am feeling better now. Also on Sunday guess who was the Pianist? Elder Tilley! ha and guess who wishes they could play the piano better? Ha Elder Tilley! (Please tell Bec and Pres That!!!)  I am not kidding at all. Love you guys so much!!!!! Elder Tilley

Thanks Dad for the letter I always look forward to reading your letters.
This week we were at a house and there was a 15 year old boy more or less you sat in on a lesson and he is very religious and he tried to battle with others and (there were 4 Missionaries) and some of the Missionaries tried to answer some of the questions but it kind of got out of hand a little bit. So finally when we had a pause I just bore my testimony that I know this church is true and that we (us missionaries) know it is true because we have asked God and we know that these things are true! I than told the boy that he needs to ask God for himself if these things are true. I then kind of ended the conversation there, but afterwards I felt so good and I love testifying about the truthfulness of this gospel. Also afterwards I just thought that is why I am here to testify about the Restored Gospel! Love you Pops!!! Thank you for all that you do for us and all of the hard work you do to help our family live in ease!! Love Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment