Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

This is the front of my house!

October 15, 2012
Pops!
 I am doing well! Definitely the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am used to getting up working my rear end off and then coming home at the end of the day and just sleeping like a baby! Then waking up the next day and doing it all over again! It is hard but I can already see how this experience will all be worth it in the end and has already been worth it!
Yes I do remember the Coats! That is so awesome!! Thanks for being such a great example to me! I remember that she told us that she did not want to be in contact with us and I remember you would call her once a year just to make sure that was still the case and I remember that you always put her name in the Temple. I still remember thinking "I wonder why dad is doing all of that she said that she did not want to be in contact with us, so she probably is not going to change" Obviously I was wrong!!!  Thank you again for setting an example for me and showing me how to really care about others and be a good home teacher and magnify my calling!
Love you!! Elder Tilley

(Braden) The language is coming pretty well. I feel pretty confident. My companion likes to talk a lot during lessons so it is hard sometimes to practice, but because of that I feel like I can understand better because I spend a lot more time listening.
My Study Area
This is not so much inspiration, but I thought that is was cool that when Alma sees that the Zoramites (I think it is) are doing bad things (praying on the ramiumtim and things like that) he decides to go and preach to them but I can just imagine him thinking "hmmm I think I am going to need some back up on this one!! I think I am going to have to do some recruiting and get Ammon and Aaron and his brother to come with me because they are crazy good at the Missionary work thing!! they just converted a whole ton of Lamanites!! " It was just fun to put it into kind of a real life situation.
I have had some cool missionary inspiration, but they are kind of detailed so I will try and write them down and then send you a picture of them.
Keep up the great work Bro!!! Love you!
Elder Tilley

 (Answers)
1.) When I get sick I take oils that I have and I have been taking Vitamin C everyday, but I just ran out. Mostly stomach pains for me, my companion had a pretty bad cough for a couple of weeks!
2.) (Baptism?) Not yet, we had a lesson where we planned to give one to them, but we did not feel like it was right to give it to them at that time, hopefully this week, but we will see.
3.) Hopefully at some point, (I will be able to get pictures of those I taught who are being baptized) but I do not know.
4.) (I wanted to finish the Book of Mormon) in about 7 weeks, but I am a little bit behind too, Jacob 5, so maybe we can extend it to Christmas and we can read the last verse over skype or something! :)
5.) Yeah (someone brought me the letter, but not the package), a guy from South Africa who looks for new chapels and things like that came down to Lubango, but was in Luanda before so I am assuming that he just brought the letters and did not have room for the package (I hope).
8.) Haha yeah "vamos ver" (about staying with Elder Montgomery forever and not getting transferred)
(About deep cleaning the house) . . . Nice!! I am there in Spirit!!!
Right now We are all doing well!

(Josh)
Hey bro I heard that Jalin had her baby!!!! Congratulations!! Love you Bro

Jailey!!!
I heard it was your Birthday tomorrow!! I hope you have a fantastic Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Tilley In Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks signing off!
Love you fam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment