Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

This is a picture of me with Agusto and Rosalina. Agusto is standing by me and Rosalina is the lady in curlers. The rest are either their kids or their sisters.









The other picture is with me and their two younger kids!





Mom!
1.) Yes I flew out on Wednesday and it was really weird because I was all by myself traveling so it was really weird, but everything went well. Our apartment is really nice! We all most always have energy and running water, which is kind of a new thing for me. The past two apartments that I have lived in have been probably been the two worst in the mission, so getting into a nice apartment feels nice. But I am so grateful for the experiences that I had in the last two apartments because it has really just humbled me and made me grateful for what I have. It is really funny because not all missionaries have lived in the kind of houses that I have so someone will start complaining or something about something little like loosing energy for a couple hours, and I am just grateful that we had energy at all that day. Also I got the package you sent me! Thanks for that. It was funny because our apartment almost never looses energy but my first day I was there we lost energy! But don’t worry because Elder Tilley had is sweet new flashlight that pretty much lighted up whatever room that it was in!  Thanks so much!

2.) We got an email from President Thompson. (How we know when we are transferred)

3.) He (Companion) is a really good guy! We are both really excited to work together this transfer. He is probably 6 foot 3 and he loves Basketball too. He is a really hard working and really loves the people here. Also for right now we are walking in a three some with a Native. He is actually from Angola and got called to Mozambique. So he went to the MTC in Spain and then he has had Visa problems, so he is walking with us until he gets everything figured out, which could be from a few days to a week or two. He is a really good guy too and is helping us a lot with the language!

4.) I have not quite met everyone and this area is still in the growing process. One person that is going to be baptized on the 17th though is named Gaspar. I do not know alot about him, but he is really solid!

5.) (Lost tie found in mending drawer) Ha now that you say that I remember putting that in your Sewing Room before I left and I must have forgotten it! :)
Can I make another Music request?  Thank you so much for the ipod I use it a lot, but there is some other music too that I want. So I was thinking that you could just put it on a USB drive. I have a way to play Music from a USB drive so I think that should work.
I do not have this music so if you could put it on that would be great!
The Nashville tribute to the Prophet, Pioneers and Missionaries.
Also I only have a few EFY CDS on the Ipod so all of the EFY CDS that we have.
Also the reflections of Christ CDS
Any Christmas Music that the Mormon tabernacle Choir has and Forgotten Carols and anything appropriate for missionaries.
Any other Music that you think I would want (maybe ask Joe or Rachel or Braden)
Maybe you could have Joe and Rach help you because I think that might be a big thing to do. Also I put a bunch of Music (pretty much all that I just told you) on the kids computer before I left (its on Itunes) so that would probably be the easiest way to do it.
Thanks so much Mom for all that you do for me and for your love and support!
Love Elder Tilley


9:03
Hey Pops how are you doing!?
I hope that you are doing well! It sounds like this week at work was a little bit better than last week!
My new area is pretty good! It is a place called Cassaquel and it is right in the city! Alot of tall big buildings! And alot of cars and traffic! It kind of feels like I am in New York City sometimes but African style! (Not quite as crazy as New York but getting there) Also our area is right on the beach and so their are some really Pretty Views!!!!!! It just depends on the area, but there are some places that are here that are really nice and others that are not as nice, but we are in a nice apartment! 
Love you Dad keep of the great work as well!
Elder Tilley

Hey bec how is it going!? Good Luck with Tryouts this week and the season! It just kills me that I cannot be there to watch you tear it up. Not a crazy story but here in this part of Angola we have a few American families who work for the oil companies and yesterday we went to one of their houses for dinner and it was really nice house!! (It actually was not crazy crazy nice it was pretty much like a normal American nice house) Anyways I walked in and I felt really weird and I felt like I should not touch anything (Kind of how you would feel when you walk into a crazy nice house in the States!!!) It was really weird but it was nice to eat American food and speak in English! 
Love you Bec keep up the Missionary work!
Elder Tilley

(Rach and Joe) HAHA I Love the costumes!!! Joshy Boy looks so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You guys do too but he is just so much more!)
Would you guys help mom put some music on a USB drive to send to me. I sent her a list of some music, but anything that you think I would like would be good too! Thanks. I put alot of Music on the kids computer too before I left.
Thanks
Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment