Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013


A few missionaries eating pizza together after playing soccor! Sorry I am not in it I am taking the pic! 
Elder Fountain, Elder McCune, Elder Chatwin, Elder wilson, Elder Hannay, Elder Hyde. None of them are in my zone except Wilson (My companion).


1) No I haven’t gotten (the packages) yet. Maybe this week. No I am not desperate for the belt.
2.) It has been about the same with I. He has been with his parents in Viana so he was not able to come to church.
3.) (L and V) finally left for the provinces Sunday Morning and they should get married on Friday and then will be baptized on the 3rd of August if everything works out well. I was getting really worried that they would not leave and they would keep pushing back the marriage because there plan was to leave on a Wednesday then it went to Thursday then Friday then Saturday and then it got changed to the following Tuesday then Thursday then Friday Then Saturday Morning then Saturday Night and then Finally they left on Sunday! It was Miracle. Basically I called every single one of these days to see if they actually left or not, my heart just dropped over and over and over as they kept pushing it back day over and over again, but they finally left Sunday Morning so that was a blessing This pray for them because they still have to wait until Friday to get married so I am praying that nothing else happens!|
4.) I don’t think I have told you about Sergio. He is a reference from a member that was baptized in Cassequele. He was going to the Seventh Day of Venice church, but after a while he stopped going. The first time we met with him the only thing he wanted to know about this Book of Mormon. He would also ask us some "deep doctrine kind of stuff" like what the number 7 means and things like that, but we started teaching him and we taught about the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation and he always says, "this is really profound!" or "This is really dangerous" in a good way. He accepted to be baptized, but he has to get married first. We are also going to try and teach his wife as well. Unfortunately he has not been able to come to church yet. It was sad though because this morning when I woke up I got a message from him that said some one had broken into his home and stolen some things and broke his motorcycle and things like that. He said that no one was at home so no one was hurt, which was a good thing! But if you could keep him in your prayers as well that would be great!
Miracle Experience!
So the last week we had lost contact with Garcia and we were really busy so we were not able to pass by his house. So I went on a division with Elder Montgomery, in my area and we were trying to get a taxi but the taxi we needed was not there, So I decided to cross the road and try at another part of the road, while walking we met Garcia on the road and his arm was in a sling! I was not sure completely why but his hand was swollen. So that was on a Friday. Saturday we passed by and his arm was still in a sling, but he told us that he was sad that we had lost contact and so on Friday morning he prayed that we would be in contact. That very day was when we ran into him in the street!  Then on Sunday his arm was still in a sling and after church he said that it was really hurting him and so he had to go home right after church! I asked him if he wanted a blessing, he said yes! So Elder Wilson acted as voice and gave him a simple blessing. Then on Tuesday we saw him in the street and he gave me a big handshake with the arm that was bad and he said that once he left the church after the blessing his arm got better and he did not have any more problems with his arm! It was truly a Miracle!!
Love you Mom
Have  A GREAT WEEK!!
Love, Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment