Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013

Elder Tilley bottom row...4th from left
New Mission President Danny L. Merrill and Sister Pennie Merrill.
First Mission Conference of the Angola, Africa Mission

Yeah I saw it that was sweet!!!! (fireworks video)
Ivandro is still having a hard time, it seems like every time we go over he just feels really bad, because he has not been able to stop the things that he has done in the past and so we give him some counsel guided by the Spirit and it seems tell help him in the moment and then we go back and we have to start the process over again. We are really praying for him. I still feel like he is lacking something, but I am not sure what it is. I hope that he just continues trying, he has done a lot better since we have found him, but he still has a way to go. I hope and pray he just does not give up!  Thank you so much for the prayers, I can definitely feel them.
Irma means Sister in Portugues and so I was just saying Sister Fina, so it is the same person. They are doing pretty good. Irma fina goes to the Jehova Witness church, but she is starting to warm up to us and the church and so we will see. We were not able to sit with them this week because of meetings we had and Garcia was also really busy, but we will try and sit with them tonight.
We are sitting with Lourenço and Veronica. They are a couple that are really strong they just have to get married, but they have everything figured out and they should be traveling this week to go get married in the provinces and then them two and two of their kids,
Gideao and Tavares will be baptized on the 27th of July. Also We have Paulo and Helga who are another couple that are working on getting married. We also have Wilson who will be baptized this Saturday. He said that he has gone to many churches, but since he has come to ours his life just started changing. It is kind of funny every time we invite him to do something like pay tithing or live the law of Chastity he looks at us and pretty much says "Duh! Yes I will!"
Yep we did! It was really good. We got the gift, but she only had a few with her because the rest are on one of those pods all the mission presidents get and they have not arrived yet. But I saw them they were really cool. She said that one of my aunts helped make them. I thought it was Laurel, but she said (no). Was it heather? It was kind of get to know you Conference and so there was not a huge bit training from President. But we had a workshop that we did and we had three workshops that we rotated. The Assistants gave one of the workshops and then the zone leaders of the other zone gave a workshop and then Elder Wilson and I gave a workshop. We gave the workshop on how to help people get married here because it is just a nightmare! So Elder Wilson and I went to a few government buildings and talked with a few people who were getting married or already got married and got all the information and what is necessary for the people to get married. So we gave the training about that. I think it went pretty well. After the training President wanted all of us to go play soccer! So we went and played together, but the court we went to their were some pretty good Angolans that were playing... so the white guys played against the black guys! I might have got a little bit too competitive, but we won 3-2 :) It felt really good to play really hard.
So that was on Thursday and on Friday we had a testimony meeting! Which was really good and at the end of it President Merrill gave a promise\blessing using the keys he holds and said that If we were obedient to the commandments as well as our covenants and the mission rules we would be protected both Physically and Spiritually! Then later I had a quick interview with President Merrill which was really good!
I like President Merrill a lot! I can definitely see why he was called here to serve. He asked if there was anything he could do for me and I told him that he is already doing a great Job at this, but just please Love all the Missionaries because we have been neglected a lot and not felt loved and he said he knew that because of some circumstances we had been torn, but he said after being with you guys it is really esay to love you guys. So that was really good. I think we all like him alot! Did you get the letter I sent to President last week and I made a U of A, ASU comment to him? This was his response! I thought that it was pretty funny!  I am glad he has a sense of humor! Elder Tilley, my two favorite teams are the U of A and whoever is playing ASU:). J/K. 
Thanks for the warm welcome. We love it here already. Thank you for sharing that miracle. We are privileged to be living here during a great miracle, the spiritual awakening of this great continent and especially in Angola. History is being made and you get to help make it! Thanks for all you're doing. President Merrill”
I think sister Merrill is pretty funny! I don’t know her very well yet, but I like her and I think she will really take care of us.

*From Mom-You said, "we have been neglected a lot and not felt loved and he said he knew that because of some circumstances we had been torn,
What was torn supposed to say?
Answer: Hmm long complicated story, that might be a good story for when I get home. Maybe you can write it on your IPhone and have it beep you for the date when I get home and I will tell you about it :) Torn like ripped, torn apart... does that not make sense!?

Family!
I am so grateful that you guys are all safe!! I continue to pray for each one of you! I know that this is short, but I just wanted you guys to know that I believe and know that these things are true! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that The Church of Jesus Christ is true and that Jesus Christ really was the savior of the world and I know these things because I have felt them in my heart! I love you guys so much keep up the great work and thank you for your prayers!!
Picture from the Merrills. All the "city" Elders in Luanda, Angola, Africa

Elder Tilley
I just sent this to President Thompson! 
Love you Mom Logging off
Tell dad sorry I could not write him

(President Thompson was a counselor in the MIssion Presidency assigned to watch over the Elders in Angola).
Hey President Thompson!
How are you doing? I hope that you and Sister Thompson are doing well! I just wanted to write you a quick email and tell you how much I love you guys! I really have felt that the Lord has sent Angels to lift me up and help me and I feel like you and Sister Thompson were some of those Angels! Thank you so much! 
A couple of weeks ago we were teaching this 20 year old boy and we have been trying to help him over come some of the addictions that he has, but one day when we were teaching him he started to talk and he said that he felt so bad for some of the things that he was done in his life and he feels so bad that he has not been able to get over these addictions! He went off speaking like this for probably 5-10 minutes. While he was speaking some words came to my mind that I felt like I should share with him. Can you guess what they were? They were "You should not be so hard on yourself" That sounds familiar doesn’t it? :) Thank you so much for all that you and Sister have done for me!
I know that your mission here in Anogla was probaly even harder then mine! I have told several missionaries that President Thompson was like Levi Savage (off of 17 Miralces)!! Torn and  ridiculed, but he only wanted the best for those he was helping!!
Thank you so much President! You will always be a Hero in my eyes! I hope that one day I can be a Man and a Priesthood Leader such as you!!!

I love you and Sister So Much!!
Thank you!
Com Amor
Elder Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment