Angola Luanda Mission
a Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

A Mission Region of the Mozambique Maputo Mission

Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Skype at Christmas!

1.)  I haven’t thought of one yet, but I will let you know... what did you give everyone for their spiritual gift this year? (Spiritual Gift)
2.) President said that the latest I can stay is 17th of March so that is when my release date is.
3.) We are teaching a family, Helder and Edna, are their names. They have been hard to sit with but we were able to sit with them yesterday and I felt like I should invite a member to come with us, Benito, So I called him and he said he could come. We taught about the Book of Mormon and how to receive an answer to know if the Book Of Mormon is true or not. Also Benito did really well in the lesson and bore some great testimonies and Benito and his family had soooo much in common with this investigator family it was awesome. I definitely understood why the Spirit told me to bring him along. It was a very powerful lesson, unfortunately at the very end some family members or friends came to their house and it seemed like they were people they had not seen in a very long time and so it really distracted from the lesson, but we were able to bring it back together and we gave them the baptism invite and they accepted (most Angolans accept to be baptized so don’t get too excited just yet:) We did not do a baptismal date invite just one that said when or if they come to know these things to be true will they be baptized and they accepted to that. They could be very strong members that would help the branch out a lot so if you could please pray for them by name that they will receive answers to the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and the Church and have the desire to be baptized that would be great! Thanks!
4.) No not really (any events coming up). We went to Tundavall over Christmas in Lubango which was fun. I would send pictures, but we are in an Internet place that I do not trust and I do not want to lose the pictures that I have.

Hey Pres!!!
Happy Birthday on Thursday!!! You will be a Teacher!!! Wow! Dont worry
though because I will still be able to beat in 21 when i get back!!!
love you Bro!
Elder Tilley

This Christmas was alot of fun (to travel to Lubango…where I served at the beginning of my mission) and I was able to see some people I worked with there! That was awesome! People celebrate Christmas, but it is nothing like it is in the States, only a few people put up lights and things like that and normally they put them up on Christmas Eve.
Were you able to send that email to Elder Chandler that I sent him?

If you could keep sending some of Becs highlights that would be great
I really enjoy watching them!


No comments:

Post a Comment